The Bethesda Elementary Title I program has met the standards and requirements as outlined by the Department of Federal and Special Programs. All decisions regarding the Title I Program are made by the Title I Planning Team. This team is comprised of Bethesda parents, staff, and community leaders. Team members and staff use parent survey results and local school data to help decide which topics are offered at our Parent Workshops, how Title I funds should be spent, what materials should be purchased, and approve Title I Documents.
1) Teacher salaries (which lower student/teacher ratio) to increase achievement of at-risk students
2) Staff development and release time for teachers to plan instruction
3) Extended learning time programs
4) Purchasing technology for classrooms
5) Purchasing consumable and non-consumable teaching materials
6) Paying presenters and supplies for parent workshops
7) Purchasing materials and resources for the Parent Center
Parent Right to Know:
Parents have the right to request information about the degree and qualifications of their child's teacher(s) and paraprofessional(s), if applicable. Please refer to the GCPS Student-Parent Handbook or contact your school's principal for more information.
Los padres tienen derecho a solicitar información sobre el título y las calificaciones del maestro(s) y paraprofessional(es) de su hijo, si corresponde. Consulte el Manual para Padres y Estudiantes de GCPS o comuníquese con el Director de su escuela para obtener más información.
GCPS Family & Community Engagement Plan English - video
GCPS Family & Community Engagement Plan Spanish - video
Title I Documents
2020-2021 Title I Calendar of Events
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
October 21-22, 2020
February 17-18, 2021