BHS Senior Class
Senior Class Sponsors:
Mariela Medina, Counseling Office
LaChrislyn Goss, Counseling Office
Sonia Howard, Teacher
Christina Cho, Teacher
Patrick Mahaffey, Teacher
Virtual Graduation: Friday, May 22, 2020 at 4:30 pm
July Graduation (tentative): Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 2:00 pm
There are two viewing options for our virtual graduation ceremony.
- GCPS TV – Charter Channel 180; Comcast 24 or 26; AT&T Uverse (Local Government)
- GCPS TV On Demand – Closed captioning available http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/gcpstv/videos/gcps/graduation2020
Preparing for Virtual Graduation Information
We will be holding cap and gown pick up the week of April 20, 2020. If you have paid your senior dues you will be called to schedule an appointment to pick up your cap and gown. If you have not paid senior dues please do so through my payment plus and then you will be contacted with a pick up time.
On Pick-up Day
• Follow signs at Berkmar High School to the designated pick-up area(s).
• Do not leave your vehicle during pick-up. No students or family members will be permitted to exit their vehicle or congregate with others. This will be strictly enforced for the safety of all.
• Write your full name (last name, first name) on a piece of paper in bold marker and place the sign where it is visible through your vehicle’s windshield.
• School personnel will come to the window of the car to read the name of student. Do not unroll your windows.
• When directed, remotely pop the trunk or hatch (preferred) or unlock the back door. Personnel will place the student’s graduation items in the vehicle.
Please go to my payment plus to pay $30.00 for your honor stole. Stole will be handed out to students who have paid for senior dues and stoles during pickup.
If you have any questions please contact Berkmar High School at 770.806.3700 or email Mariela.Medina@gcpsk12.org
Valedictorian - Salutatorian
The nominated Valedictorian is a student with the highest grade point average in the senior class and the nominated Salutatorian is the student with the second highest grade point average (GPA) in the senior class. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian are nominated at the end of the first semester of their senior year based on the students’ quality point GPA. Valedictorians and Salutatorians must attend their representative high school their senior year prior to receiving this honor. If students vying for Valedictorian or Salutatorian have identical grade point averages, the 100 point scale GPA shall be considered.
We still have books left to be purchased. SAVE MONEY by purchasing your yearbook at Yearbookordercenter.com code 14851. Books are $65, at this website ONLY. Books may be purchased until the last one is sold. We will have a distribution Celebration event for those who have purchased a yearbook once the books arrive and social distancing bans have been removed. We anticipate this to be in July.
Senior Dues Deadline Information
Senior Dues: $140
- Senior Dues deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020 in MyPaymentsPlus without a late fee. Late charge of $50 after 1/31/2020 and dues will increase to $190.
- To pay senior dues, please go to the Senior Class or Junior Class file in your MyPaymentsPlus Account.
- If you have any issues getting into MyPaymentsPlus due to password problems, please call MyPaymentsPlus for assistance. (1-877-237-0946)
Senior Dues are required for all students graduating in May or July, 2020 which includes the following: the cost of cap and gown, diploma, senior t-shirt, graduation sign, and senior activities.
"For deadline information regarding the Graduation Sign, please see the explanation in the Senior Dues pop-up menu in your MyPaymentsPlus account."
Graduation Cap & Gown Orders & Pictures
Contact Information 770-614-9353
Cap & Gown Portraits are NOW READY to view and purchase through Cady Studios. Nothing says achievement better than showcasing your senior with their cap & gown portraits!
Login here cady.com/capandgown
Valedictorian - Salutatorian
The nominated Valedictorian is a student with the highest grade point average (GPA) in the senior class and the nominated Salutatorian is the student with the second highest grade point average in the senior class. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian are nominated at the end of the first semester of their senior year based on the students’ quality point GPA. Valedictorians and Salutatorians must attend their representative high school the senior year prior to receiving this honor. If students vying for Valedictorian or Salutatorian have identical grade point averages, the 100 point scale GPA shall be considered.
Honor Graduate Requirements
Honor Graduate Requirements
The criteria for being named an Honor Graduate is to have earned a cumulative grade point average of 90.0% or higher at the end of the four years of high school. This 90.0% average is not rounded up. Students who have earned a 90.0 Cumulative GPA after the 1st semester of their senior year will be awarded this distinction in May.
Honor Graduates receive the following recognition:
- Honor stole ($30) to be worn at Graduation can be purchased.
- Recognition at Honors Night in May.
- Proceed through Graduation at the beginning of the graduating class.
- Status noted in the Graduation program.
Take care of all obligations to the school each year:
- Lost or missing textbooks paid for
- Activities/athletics fees paid
- Club dues paid
- Media Center fines paid
- Uniforms/equipment/other items returned
- Textbooks returned to the school in May or before withdrawal
- Any fines, dues, activity fees, lost textbook costs, etc. paid immediately
Senior Pictures and Yearbook
Click here to access information about senior pictures and yearbook.