Welcome to Minor Elementary's School Counseling Page!
Rosylia Gumbs, Ed.S.
Email Mrs. Gumbs
Dorothy Hoyett, M.S.Ed.
Email Ms. Hoyett
Roles of the School Counselor
As school counselors, we perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and life-skills domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in Student Support Team Meetings
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations