Welcome to Minor Elementary's School Counseling Page!
Grades: Kindergarten, 2nd, and 4th
Email Ms. Charles
Grades: PreK, 1st, 3rd, and 5th
Email Ms. Crofton
Who are School Counselors?
We are certified educators who improve student success for all Minor Elementary students by implementing a data-informed school counseling program. We play an important role in creating an equitable, inclusive school culture. We advocate for all students and collaborate with school staff, administration, and community/family members in the delivery of programs and activities to help students achieve academic success.
School Counselors Help ALL Students:
- apply academic achievement strategies
- manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
- plan for postsecondary options (higher education, military, work force)
School Counselor Qualifications:
- Hold, at minimum, a master’s degree in school counseling
- Meet Georgia certification standards
- Fulfill continuing education requirements
- Uphold ethical and professional standards
School Counselors Provide:
- individual student academic planning and goal setting
- school counseling classroom lessons based on student success standards
- short-term counseling to students
- referrals for long-term support
- collaboration with families/teachers/administrators/community for student success
- advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused meetings
- data analysis to identify student issues, needs and challenges