What is the Freshmen Academy?
Freshmen Academy, more centralized location, opportunities for teachers to cross collaborate, built-in interventions to daily routines, exposure to mainstream schedules through electives, one AP, one counselor, all working closely with teachers and students.
What are the benefits to having a Freshmen Academy?
- Increase student achievement with higher grade point averages and decreasing the number of student who fail to obtain full credits in ninth grade.
- Increase student attendance
- Decrease student discipline incidents
- Encourage student involvement and participation in school activities and functions
- Aid with social transition to the high school environment
- Establish positive connections and transitions for incoming ninth grade students with a specific set of teachers
- Provide early identification and intervention of risk behavior
- Increase class identity and cohesiveness