Media Center Hours
8:15 AM - 3:45 PM
About the Media Center
The mission of the Media Center is to promote learning that is engaging and accessible to all students, encourage life-long learning and foster a love of reading.
- Students may check out two books at a time for a two-week period.
- Students may use the media center to do class research and assignments with a signed agenda.
- If a book is lost, the replacement cost is $10 per book.
- Computers and devices are to be used for school assignments only.
- Overdue books must be returned before any other books can be checked out.
Summer ReadingOver the summer break, make sure that you make time for reading. Students who participate in the Take 5 Summer Reading, Summer Reading BINGO on Beanstack, and/or Gwinnett Public Library Summer Reading will be invited to a reading celebration at the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year!
Summer Reading Activities
- Take 5 Books for Summer Reading: This summer reading opportunity is being offered in support of our Summer Reading BINGO Challenge on Beanstack. Students who return a signed permission slip to participate will be allowed to check out up to Five Books from the school library to read over the summer. Students may turn in permission slips and check out up to five books for the Take 5 Books for Summer Reading initiative between May 15-19, 2023. Only students who turn in the signed permission slip and have a clear account will be allowed to check out books. Students that participate will be invited to the summer reading celebration at the beginning of the year. Take 5 Books for Summer Reading Flyer
- Summer Reading BINGO on Beanstack: Login to Beanstack from the Northbrook Website, Student page to participate in Summer Reading BINGO. The Username is your student number and the Password is your 4 digit birthdate (MMDD). Log minutes, complete activities, and write book reviews to get a BINGO. Students who get a BINGO will be invited to the summer reading celebration at the beginning of the year. Beanstack Login
- Gwinnett Public Library Summer Reading Challenge: Students who participate in the Gwinnett Public Library Summer Reading Challenge will be invited to the reading celebration at the beginning of the school year. https://www.gwinnettpl.org/
Gwinnett Public Library Museum / Zoo / Park Passes:
Did you know you can visit attractions around Atlanta for FREE with your library card? All you need to do is check out a Pass. Each pass is for 4 admissions.
Zoo Pass: Enjoy a free day at the Atlanta Zoo. These passes are on a "first come, first served" basis and cannot be requested or held. Tip: Go to the Gwinnett Library website and see which ones are in transit so that you know which branches will have them the next day.
Cultural Arts Pass: Hudgens Arts Center, Southeastern Railway Museum, and Wren's Nest: Library customers can check out a one-week pass.
Center of Puppetry Arts: FREE ADMISSION APPLIES TO MUSEUM ONLY. In addition to free admission you can attend a performance at the Center and/or participate in a Create-a-Puppet Workshop at a 25% discount, when space is available.
Georgia Park Pass: Includes one parking pass for Georgia's state parks and historic sites in Georgia. The parking pass is not valid at State Historic Sites, the Chattahoochee River NRA, Jekyll Island, Lake Lanier Islands or Stone Mountain Park.
Readers Rally Book Club
In Readers Rally Book Club, members read from a list of 10 books chosen by Gwinnett County Media Services. During meetings we discuss the books read, practice our knowledge of books with practice questions, and prepare for the county wide Readers Rally Competition.
Gwinnett County Readers Rally Competition: Saturday, February 25, 2023
Peachtree Ridge High school 1555 Old Peachtree Road, Suwanee, GA 30024
Google Link to 2022-2023 Readers Rally Book List
Gwinnett County Readers Rally Website -
For a better description of each of the Readers Rally book titles, click the link above.
For additional information see the Club and Activities page.