Starting September 1, we will offer curbside checkouts between 9:30-2:30 Tuesday-Friday. Here's how:
- Put books on hold through the BES Media Catalog.
- Wait for an email from our Media Center letting you know your books are ready.
- Come to the front of BES between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Call the number on the sign to let us know you are at the school.
- Mrs. C or Mrs. Nichols will bring your books to your car. You can also return books at that time!
Challenge of the Month
We are WILD about reading!
Our February challenge is open through February 28.
Log 400 minutes of reading or more during the month of February to be entered in our prize drawing!
Three in a Row
The Three in a Row Challenge is exclusively for our third grade students.
Read three chapter books in any series, such as:
and log the books in your Biblionasium to earn this special paw.
Readers Rally Challenge
Our Readers Rally challenge goes through May 7.
This challenge is for our fourth and fifth grade students.
Students may choose books to read from a list in our Biblionasium challenge.
Again, students who complete this challenge and a reflection will win a tshirt!
You can work on our #ReadWoke challenge throughout the school year. What is #ReadWoke? It's a global reading challenge that was started by Gwinnett Media Specialist, Cicely Lewis. Cicely says,
"What is Read Woke? It’s a feeling. A form of education. A call to action, and our right as lifelong learners. It means arming yourself with knowledge to better protect your rights. Learning about others so you treat people with respect and dignity, no matter their religion, race, creed, or color.
I concluded that a Woke Book must:
• Challenge a social norm • Give voice to the voiceless • Provide information about a group that has been disenfranchised • Seek to challenge the status quo • Have a protagonist from an underrepresented or oppressed group"
We have curated a list of books for our young readers (grades K-2) and our older readers (grades 3-5) to choose and read in Biblionasium. Students who complete the challenge and a reflection will win an official #ReadWoke tshirt!
Click here to learn more about the National Librarian of the Year, Cicely Lewis, and the Read Woke challenge she started!
Readers Among Us Challenge
Students have until May 7 to read two mystery books
and log them in the Readers Among Us challenge
Completing this challenge earns you
an exclusive Readers Among Us reading paw!