Funded by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) and the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE), the Technical Assistance Center on PBIS supports schools, districts, and states to build systems capacity for implementing a multi-tiered approach to social, emotional and behavior support. The broad purpose of PBIS is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and equity of schools and other agencies. PBIS improves social, emotional and academic outcomes for all students, including students with disabilities and students from underrepresented groups.
For more information about PBIS visit:
PBIS in GCPS Video
Class Dojo is a behavior management system. At Bethesda:
- Studens earn positive points for positive behavior
- Points are never "taken away"
- Students receive "0" point Dojos for misbehavior
- Pie graph displays only show positive and will always show 100%
- Parents can view student misbehaviors as teacher comments.