Work-Based Learning (WBL) Program--Work-Study
Work-Based Learning (WBL) is a work-study program, which will enable you to
EARN MONEY, RECEIVE SCHOOL CREDIT, and GAIN VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE
In addition, students enrolled in the WBL program may earn up to 3 units of credit with a related course for the school year, which may be used toward upgrading to a dual diploma.
WBL admission requirements are as follows:
- Junior or senior, age 16 years or older.
- Seek counselor approval to ensure on-time graduation and parental permission.
- Must be employed or have an internship placement by the start of the school year.
- Reliable transportation to get to work.
- Good standing academically, a great attendance record, and no discipline issues.
- Submission of a teacher recommendation.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in applying, download, print, complete, and turn in the application and submit to Dr. Green in room 7.118.
In Berkmar's Work-Based Learning Program offers invaluable skills to junior and senior students:
Students in the WBL program graduate from high school with real-world work experience. They leave high school with an advantage: armed with work skills and community service/volunteer experience, a professional resume and career portfolio, interviewing skills, and the ability to make clear, well thought out decisions about their career aspirations. In addition to work experience, leadership development, as well as career and college exploration.
Almost 100% of our WBL students receive multiple college acceptances and attend 2- and 4-year colleges and universities. Additionally, each year there are several AP students and honor graduates that complete the program.
For more information:
Dr. Gail Y. Green, Program Coordinator (7.118)