Welcome to the Mathematics Department at Meadowcreek High School! The Mathematics Department is a group of dedicated educators who teach high Mathematics standards to prepare students to be college and career ready. Our shared philosophy is to provide a rigorous Mathematics curriculum while nurturing the learning of students. Through the use of research-based strategies, we plan to achieve our yearly goals of increasing student achievement. Moreover, we expect all students to contribute to their learning success by completing all assignments, attending school every day, and studying for their assessments. In addition, students are given multiple opportunities to show mastery of the standards. We want our students to be successful in our Mathematics classes and we will encourage “best practices” to support student achievement. In the best interest of our students, parents and teachers will have open communication throughout the year. Through collaboration, we hope to inspire our students to continually strive for high academic success and emphasize students accepting responsibility for their learning.
- Call on students to practice applying mathematical ways of thinking to real world issues and challenges.
- Require students to develop a depth of understanding and ability to apply mathematics to novel situations, as college students and employees regularly are called to do.
- Emphasize mathematical modeling, the use of mathematics and statistics to analyze empirical situations, understand them better, and improve decisions.
- Identify the mathematics that all students should study in order to be college and career ready.
To develop students into confident and competent mathematical problem solvers who have a deep conceptual understanding of numbers, can compute, think critically, and communicate their thoughts and mathematical reasoning effectively to be successful and competitive in a global economy.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of the structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Agebra I Strategies
Accelerated Algebra I
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
Other Math Courses
Advnaced Mathematical Decision Making
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Fred Glenn
School of Information Technology MU Administrator
Duke Trip Coordinator
Principal’s Elite & Advanced Placement
Instructional Lead, Math & CTE
SPGs & District Assessments
11th Grade Cohort
Q+ Evaluation Team
School Data Reports