Dr. Guerlène Merisme, Principal
Dear LES Families,
Welcome to Lilburn Elementary School, our “home away from home” where students grow to their fullest potential academically, socially, and emotionally. At our school, we pride ourselves on maintaining high expectations for achievement while focusing on the individual needs of each student. Whether our students are instructed in person or digitally, our school has dedicated teachers who will ensure our students benefit from engaging lessons that encourage our scholars to think critically and solve real-world problems. Every member of our school family shares a collective vision for academic excellence and works to provide our students with an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
Since you are our partners in education, we will work together to educate and nurture our children. In order to do so, Lilburn Elementary School teachers and administrators will continue to be Committed to Our BEST and operate under its four guiding principles:
- Building character in all students;
- Engaging parents and the community in the education process;
- Striving to maintain a safe and secure learning environment; and
- Teaching all students to learn at high levels.
We look forward to working closely with you to ensure our students have a wonderful academic year. As we make plans to begin the 2021-2022 school year with in-person learning, we are working hard to ensure we have processes to educate our students while keeping them as safe as possible.
- We will follow CDC, GADoE, and GCPS guidelines when reasonable and practicable and devise precautionary practices to minimize health risks amongst our school community.
- We are committed to supporting our digital and in-person students and families.
- Due to the school closures at the end of the 2019-2020 school year and the concurrent learning that occured in the 2020-2021, we anticipate potential gaps in student learning this school year. Rest assured that we plan to address these academic gaps through intervention, acceleration, and remediation.
- We are committed to serving the whole child, which we know includes their social and emotional needs.
- As always, we are committed to building community among our students and staff and creating an environment where all students feel welcomed.
It is my priority to help provide students with the BEST education in an effective learning environment full of incredible experiences. We are going to have an amazing school year. Remember, we are all in this together. It takes a team to help chidren DREAM!
Yours in partnership,
Dr. Guerlène Merisme