General Information and Resources
If you are the parent of a Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) student, the Parent Portal can serve as a valuable resource for information about your child and his or her academic career. All you need is a computer with Internet access and a user ID and password. The Parent Portal allows parents to obtain important information about their child(ren), including attendance, grades, course history, test history, class schedules, and discipline. This information can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
GCPS Parent Portal Account Process
If you register your child online at the beginning of the school year and select ‘Yes’ to register for the Parent Portal for a student, you do not need to submit a printed form. Your Parent Portal account is set to be created during the first few weeks of school, at which time you will be emailed a link that will then allow you to login to the Parent Portal and view your child’s grades and academic information.
For those who later decide they would like to sign-up for the Parent Portal
- Please print and fill out the registration form
- Bring your completed the Parent Portal document along with your valid picture ID (such as a driver’s license) to the school
- After your identification and form have been verified, your email will be entered in the Parent Portal Information Database for your child
- Within 2-3 days you will receive an email with information to log into the Parent Portal and connect to your child's information.
An email similar to the one below should be delivered from "firstname.lastname@example.org" for you to connect to your child's information on Parent Portal.
Dear "Parent Name",
Welcome to the Parent Portal, a tool designed to enhance the communication and involvement of parents in their child's education in Gwinnett County Public Schools. With this account you will be able to register new children for school. Once registered, Parent Portal will allow online, timely, and secure access to review your child's progress in school by providing Internet access to grades, attendance, discipline, academic history, and standardized test results in a secure password protected environment.
Please follow the steps below to complete activation of your account:
- Click this link: "link will be here"
- Follow the prompts including review of the Parent portal data information.
- Enter the last name you provided when creating your account and your User ID (Your e-mail address entered)
- You will be prompted to create a password.
All student data, user IDs, and passwords are encrypted and password protected.
Schools verify parent/guardian status before granting access to student data.