Our mission for Suwanee Elementary is to provide a positive and challenging environment where students will become responsible, productive, problem-solving citizens and self-motivated, life-long learners.
- All students can learn and be successful.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs and is treated fairly and equally.
- A sense of belonging, and cultural identity will be fostered in order to respect diversity in other cultures and beliefs.
- Student learning is the chief priority of our school.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members will share in the responsibility for providing a supportive learning environment in our school.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement will guide the development of the curriculum and the design of instructional strategies and learning activities.
- Students learn in different ways and will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- A variety of assessments will be given to demonstrate achievement of academic knowledge and skills.
- Our commitment to continuous improvement will enable students to become confident, self-directed, life long learners.
- Our school must be a place that fosters students' self-esteem and where students feel safe both physically and emotionally.