Welcome to Suwanee Elementary's School Counseling Page!
Christi Barnard Calderon, EdS
Part-time School Counselor
Ms. Barnard and Ms. Sprinkle are pictured above.
Roles of the School Counselor
As school counselors, we perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and life-skills domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in Student Support Team Meetings
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations