Welcome to Suwanee Elementary's School Counseling Page!
Hi my name is Christi Barnard Calderon and I am the School Counselor at Suwanee Elementary.
I have been a school counselor for 25 years. I have been at Suwanee for 22 years.
My passion is working with children to help them successfully navigate the world in which we live.
Christi Barnard Calderon, EdS
Email Christi Barnard Calderon
Roles of the School Counselor
As school counselors, we perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and life-skills domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in Student Support Team Meetings
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations