Mill Creek Singing Hawks
Welcome to Chorus 2018-2019 Singing Hawks!
I am so happy you have chosen to be a part of our wonderful program! If you are new to chorus, your singer was presented with a letter from me week of 4/16,. If you did not receive this letter for whatever reason, it is attached below at the bottom of this webpage as "Welcome to Chorus Singing Hawks". In the letter are two important pieces of information: How to log into our communication and financial accouting system (CHARMSOFFICE) so you can add your email and all contact information to receive important information from me. It also mentions our upcoming trip to NEW YORK CITY April 11-14, 2019! Students may sign up for the trip (see link below) and once signed up, your CHARMS account will be designated with the New York trip fee ($1550) so that families may begin to make payments for this trip. Students who sign up and make a deposit by 4/25, AND who have updated their personal contact information on CHARMSOFFICE, will receive an email from me with a link to vote for their TWO musicals we will be seeing in New York--there are 20 to choose from for voting, so this is a cool opportunity for students to have input. :-) We will also be singing at SunTrust Stadium for the Atlanta Braves on August 18, 2018. This will be a great opportunity for singers to bond right away and feel immediately like a part of the Singing Hawk family. More info about that coming soon....
To sign up for our New York trip, please complete this form.
No matter how involved your singer wishes to be in our program, your singer will be given the opportunity to choose to learn, be happy and to enjoy singing!!!
Musically Yours, Mrs. Archer
Chorus Supply List
- 1" BLACK binder with rings and pockets, filled with 25 pages of ruled paper; (regular size binders--not over-sized and no zippers); Careful: Binders which are too large, or trapper keepers will not fit into the chorus folio cabinet and will NOT be acceptable. Binder is REQUIRED
- Pencils with erasers; REQURED
- One red pen; REQUIRED
- Students last name A-P: Two large boxes of tissues/Kleenex/Puffs, etc.
- Students last name Q-Z: One large container of Hand Sanitizer
Choral Experiences and Accolades
- April 2018: Mill Creek Spectrum Show choir attends FAME, Show Choir America at Hard Rock, Orlando. These people are serious--and we learned......Well.....we learned that we have a lot to learn..... We did get the most pleasant and most cooperative award. :-)
- Feb 2017: Mill Creek singers attend the Sound Design Music Workshop and record sound effects and back ground vocals for "Frankenstein". at Universal Studios, Florida.
- April 2016: Chorus competes in Music in the Parks at Pigeon Forge; Mixed Choir First Place; Superior Rating; Spectrum Show Choir First Place; Superior Rating
- April 2015: Chorus competes in FIESTAVAL, Williamsburg, VA.......2nd Place Over-All Mixed Chorus..... :-)
- December 2013: MC Sings at Disney's Epcot Candlelight Processional with Amy Grant! An amazing trip with lots of musical and friendship memories made...
- April 2013: Hurray! We have returned from New York and had a very successful and FUN trip!!! Our MC Singing Hawks earned the following awards:
---1st Place Show Choir; Excellent Rating
---1st Place Women's Concert Choir; Superior Rating
.....AND (drum roll)....OVER ALL Top Scoring High School Choir! Over 800 students participated in the festival from all over the country--I am SO proud of our school and our students!
- May 2012: MC competes in SOUTHERN STAR MUSIC FESTIVAL at Six Flags Over Georgia;
---Show Choir: Silver Rating
---Concert Choir: Gold Rating
---Concert Choir: SWEEPSTAKES WINNER! (over-all, top scoring high school choir)