NSHS - National Spanish Honor Society
Monthly afternoon meetings from 2:30-3:15 p.m. Meeting locations will be disclosed prior to meetings. We will send reminders for meeting dates, times, and locations.
Sponsor: Sr. Russell
The National Spanish Honor Society (La Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica) is an academic honor society focused on Spanish language excellence in secondary education and promotes continuity of interest in Spanish studies. The motto is "¡Todos a una!" (Translation: "All together for one goal!")
The criteria to be invited into the National Spanish Honor Society is the following:
Please note that to retain membership, students must complete yearly requirements and pay dues using My Payments Plus. All seniors must complete point requirements to receive an honor cord for graduation. All necessary information is communicated in the general meetings that we hold throughout the year.
- Must be currently enrolled in NGHS in Spanish 3 or above.
- Must have a grade of 90% or higher for both semesters of Spanish 1 and Spanish2; along with the first semester of Spanish 3.
- Overall GPA of 3.1 or above.
- Good standing in the school, with no discipline issues
- If the student is starting this year in NGHS, the student needs to complete 3 semesters in the school before being eligible.
- Previous Spanish teacher recommendation is preferred.