Do I need to provide the medication if my child needs medicine while at school?
To ensure the safety of all students at our school, the following guidelines should be followed when medications are to be sent to school:
- All medications (prescription and nonprescription) must be taken directly to the clinic BY AN ADULT for safe storage.
- All medications, both prescription and over-the-counter, must be accompanied by the Administration of Medication Request Form.
- All medications must be in the ORIGINAL CHILD PROOF CONTAINER. Prescription medications must be in the labeled prescription bottle. Medications stored in envelopes, baggies, etc., will not be administered.
- Administration of prescription and over-the-counter medicine (even for a short period of time) is discouraged. Parents should check with their physician regarding the need for medications to be administered during school hours.
- Medications prescribed for three times daily often can be given before school, after school, and at bedtime. If you have any questions about this procedure, please call. Medications must be picked up at the end of the year or will be disposed of by the school.