LCES Counselor Mission Statement
The mission of the Level Creek Counseling Department is that ALL students should be afforded opportunities for guidance and support in becoming life long learners and in developing skills to support their current and future personal, social, academic and career goals. The counselors work in partnership with parents, teachers, administrators and members of the community to remove barriers to student success in a safe and supportive school environment.
*All students receive guidance lessons that cover the standards and competencies that are linked to Gwinnett County's Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS), the State Department of Education's "List of Values and Character Education" (CE) and Georgia Performance Standards (GPS), as well as the American School Counselor Association National Standards (ASCA).
LCES Counselor Vision, Program Principles & Philosophy
We are dedicated to removing barriers to student achievement while providing developmentally appropriate counseling services and advocating for all students.
The Counseling Program is designed to help students develop into confident leaders, contributing citizens of society, and problem solvers who are ready to meet the global challenges of the 21st century.
The philosophy of the Level Creek Counseling Department is that all students can learn at high levels and be leaders. We empower students to take ownership in shaping their personal, educational, and social successes.
The counselors at Level Creek Elementary believe:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to a school counseling program that is planned, managed, and delivered by state certified counselors with a minimum of a masters degree.
- The school counseling program is an integral part of a student's educational career. It is our belief that many problems can be prevented and many goals attained through the delivery of a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate school counseling program that covers academic, career, and personal/social domains.
The counselors at Level Creek Elementary will:
- Advocate for all students
- Adhere to professional ethics as put forth by the American School Counseling Association
participate in ongoing professional development
- Utilize data to identify concerns specific to our students and use this information to guide the direction of program goals
- Work together as a counseling team along with administration, parents, teachers and community members in order to provide a counseling program of the highest quality
- Be evaluated by our local school administration through the use of the Gwinnett County Public Schools Annual Evaluation Summary and based on our progress towards school goals through RBES (Results Based Evaluation System)
The Level Creek Elementary counseling program supports the core beliefs of Gwinnett County Public Schools:
- Our core business is teaching and learning.
- All children can learn at or above grade level.
- All children should reach their learning potential.
- The school effect is important and has a profound impact on every child's life.
- A quality instructional program requires a rigorous curriculum, effective teaching, and ongoing assessment.
- All children should be taught in a safe and secure learning environment.
Understanding the Role of Our School Counselors
Role of Professional School Counselor
The role of a professional school counselor is to work with teachers, parents, and students to help remove any barriers to learning that might exist in a child's world. Through classroom guidance lessons, students gain knowledge in the areas of academic skills, career awareness, and social/personal development.
Small counseling groups are also available to support students in a variety of ways. School counselors collaborate with parents and teachers to provide support to students and may coordinate with community agencies to provide resources to struggling families. In short, your school counselor can be a tremendous asset during your child's educational career!
Please don't hesitate to reach
outany time you have a question or a concern!
Counseling Links for Parent Resources