The World Languages Department at Meadowcreek High School is dedicated to the improvement and expansion of the teaching and learning of Spanish and French. "Language and communication are at the heart of the human experience. [We] must educate students who are linguistically and culturally equipped to communicate successfully in a pluralistic American society and abroad. [We envision] a future in which ALL students will develop and maintain proficiency in English and at least one other language...(and) children who come to school from non-English backgrounds should also have opportunties to develop further proficiencies in their first language." - American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
All students will emerge from the World Languages department with the skills necessary to communicate and make connections in the community.
Believing that language and communication are at the heart of the human experience and that we must educate students to be linguistically and culturally prepared to function as world citizens.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicate effectively in more than one language in order to function in a variety of situations and for multiple purposes.
- CULTURES: Interact with cultural competence and understanding.
- CONNECTIONS: Connect with other disciplines and acquire information and diverse perspectives in order to use the language to function in academic and careerrelated situations.
- COMPARISONS: Develop insight into the nature of language and culture in order to interact with cultural competence.
- COMMUNITIES: Communicate and interact with cultural competence in order to participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.
Spanish 1 Honors
Spanish 2 Honors
Spanish 3 Honors
Spanish for Native Speakers 1
Spanish for Native Speakers 2
AP Spanish Language
French 2 Honors
French 3 Honors