Spring Course Registration
Welcome to the spring course registration process for the Classes of 2022, 2023, and 2024.
Normally we host an on campus Curriculum Night where families experience presentations that are grade level specific and intended to help students and parents make the very best selection for their student's 2021-22 course schedule. We also meet in Advisement class several consecutive days so Advisement teachers in grades 9-11 can shepherd the overall process for their students.
During this pandemic year, we have made the process virtual and here is an outline of the steps involved:
- Students will be meeting in Advisement on February 24, 25, 26 and March 1.
- Students have eCLASS access to recorded videos which highlight all of the elective choices from which they can select.
- Just below this section, parents and students have access to grade level specific recorded videos that represent the information that would have been presented in person at Curriculum Night. Each of these videos are about one hour long and we suggest that families watch them prior to Thursday evening, if possible.
- At 6:00 PM on Thursday (2/25) we will be hosting live Zoom meeting for families of sophomores to learn about next year's Junior Fellowship Experience and for juniors to learn about next year's Senior Capstone Experience.
- At 7:00 PM on Thursday (2/25) we will make the formal Curriculum Night video available for families to watch. From 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM this evening, multiple staff members across all departments will be monitoring our GSMST.Questions@gcpsk12.org email address to answer family questions in real time. Questions submitted after 9:00 PM will be answered starting Friday morning and continuing through early next week.
- Tuesday (3/2) is an Academic Flex Day and all GSMST students will be at home working on existing assignments, projects, and readings. During this day, Advisement teachers will make sure that all of their students have a complete schedule showing in our computer system. Students will be given the opportunity to electronically submit some additional elective preferences in the event these are needed through the summer to complete a workable class schedule.
- After spring break, families will receive, via email, a draft of their student's 2021-22 courses for review.
The videos linked below have been recorded in advance and are designed for familes to watch prior to 7:00 PM on Thursday:
Class of 2022 families can watch the presentation linked here previewing courses that are part of the senior year experience at GSMST.
**Class of 2022 can click here to view the non-video version of the presentation.
Class of 2023 families can watch the presentation linked here previewing courses that are part of the junior year experience at GSMST.
**Class of 2023 can click here to view the non-video version of the presentation.
Class of 2024 families can watch the presentation linked here previewing courses that are part of the sophomore year experience at GSMST.
**Class of 2024 can click here to view the non-video version of the presentation.
Live Zoom meetings will start at 6:00 PM on Thursday and will be lead by members of the GSMST Partnership Program staff:
Class of 2022 families can follow the Zoom link included in the 2/24 email to learn about the Senior Capstone Experience (SCE) for next year.
Class of 2023 families can follow the Zoom link included in the 2/24 email to learn about the Junior Fellowship Experience (JFE) for next year.
The formal Curriculum Night video includes a welcome from Mr. Bray, information from the GSMST PTSA, and instructions from Mr. Rapley in the Curriculum Office.