Titans Bulletin from Mr. DeJesus
September 9, 2020
Dear Cedar Hill ES Community,
I hope that you are doing well and are staying safe during these challenging times. We have enjoyed welcoming back our in-person students. We have made preparations to provide a safe and clean learning environment for our students. We do ask parents that they monitor their child’s health daily before they come to school. Unfortunately, we have had some students who have come to school sick with COVID-19 like symptoms. Once a child is identified as feeling ill, we have to determine if the child is displaying any of the common symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Every school has a Health Response Team, which will attend to the classroom if a teacher has a concern with a student feeling ill. After following set guidelines, the HRT will determine if they have to investigate to see if any other child has been exposed to the student who is displaying symptoms. As soon as we conclude our investigation, we will contact parents and send home the necessary information for parents. Please note that some students may have to go home for a set amount of days to quarantine, or until the parent can supply the school with a clearance from their medical facilitator to have their child return to school. We will make arrangements to have the student continue their studies digitally. We will assign the student with a digital learning teacher for the duration of the time as they wait to get clearance to return to school.
Earlier this week, the USDA granted some additional waiver extensions. GCPS is now able to offer meals at no charge through 12/31/20.
What this means: (effective Tuesday, September 8, 2020)
- Face to face instruction – meals are available at no charge to all students.
- Curbside Pick-up – meals are available to anyone 18 or under at no charge, and the child does not need to be a GCPS student. (curbside service is still Monday through Thursday)
- We will continue to maximize this flexibility by providing both a breakfast and a lunch to each student.
- We will no longer scan ID cards.
- If you have not done so, please complete a Free & Reduced meal application so that your child will have meal benefits when this waiver expires.
Please continue to view our website often, as this will be one of the best sources of information. You can access Cedar Hill’s website from the school system’s homepage: https://www.gcpsk12.org/CedarHillES. If you need assistance in Spanish, we do offer interpretation services.
Jose M. DeJesus, Ed.S.