Registration is open for the
2020-2021 School Year
Please contact the school at 678-518-6652 for registration directions. Families are strongly encouraged to complete Online Registration and to submit documentation to the registrar.
Families New to Gwinnett County Public Schools
Welcome to Gwinnett County Public Schools!
We are excited that your child will be attending one of our local schools. To locate the correct school for your home address, please click below.
Our school system has an easy-to-use, secure online registration system that will allow you to complete many of the forms required for registering your child. Typically, documents must be presented in person, but we are currently allowing certain documents to be submitted online.
If a student in your household who will begin Kindergarten in August 2020, use this link to learn specific information about Kindergarten registration. Please return to this page for other directions.
If you have never registered a student in Gwinnett County Public Schools, please view these directions prior to attempting to create an account to complete Online Registration: New Parent Portal Users - Enrolling a New Student.
Adding New Student to an Active Parent Account
If you have a student in your household who will begin Kindergarten in August 2020, use this link to learn specific information about Kindergarten registration. Please return to this page for the rest of the information and directions.
If you have previously used the GCPS Online Registration system or have a current Parent Portal account, please view these directions prior to beginning the registration for your new student: Current Parent Portal Users – Enrolling a New Student
- If your current Baggett 5th Grader is planning to attend Richards Middle School, you will not need to register that student for RMS. Those records are moved digitally and physically by GCPS staff.
- If your student currently attends Baggett and plans to continue next year, you do not need to register the student for the next year.
- If you plan to move to another GCPS location over the Summer Break, please contact both schools to make arrangements.
- If you aren't sure if you have a current Parent Portal account, but you have an email address associated with your GCPS information, please submit that email address at the Forget your password? link on the Parent Portal. If you no longer have access to that email address but you know what it is, please contact the school to learn about updating it.
Withdrawing a Student From Baggett
If your current Baggett 5th Grader is planning to attend Richards Middle School, you do not need to register that student. Those records are moved digitally and physically by GCPS staff.
If your student currently attends Baggett and plans to continue next year, you do not need to register the student for the next year.
If you plan to move to another GCPS location over the Summer Break, please contact both schools to make arrangements.
If your student withdrew from GCPS and is returning, there is no need to complete Online Registration again. Please contact the school you plan to attend for more information on reactivating your student.
Use this link to confirm the school your student will be attending:
If you are able to access your GCPS Parent Portal account, you can save time by updating some of the information from your previous registration in the Update Student Information tab.
More Information about Document Required for Registration
Proof of Age
Present one of the following:
• A certified copy of a birth certificate
• A federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth.
Examples include a certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate; military ID; valid driver’s license; passport; adoption record; religious record, signed by an authorized religious official; official school transcript; official immigration documentation; or affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.
For a fee, parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state’s ROVER service: Go to ROVER
Proof of Residency
Present 1 item from Section A and 1 item from Section B to confirm residence in the school attendance zone. Both items must include the address.
- Non-contingent sales contract
- Current lease/rental agreement
- Most recent income tax return
- Current paycheck stub
- Current residential property tax statement or bill
- Current warranty or quit-claim deed
- Current home purchase agreement
- Current homeowner’s insurance policy
- Current Gas Bill
- Current Water Bill
- Current Electric Bill
Important information about Proof of Residency documents:
Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill.
- The bill must have the name and address of the enrolling parent/guardian.
- A telephone bill is not acceptable.
- A contingency sales contract is not acceptable.
- Exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with the same address in the attendance zone.
Residency Affidavit: If the student’s family is residing in the home or apartment of another individual, the following is necessary for enrollment:
1. Notarized third-person affidavit of residency (available at school or online) including:
- Signature of person with whom the family is living,
- Signature of parent/legal guardian of a student, and
- Apartment manager’s signature, if applicable.
2. Two forms of Proof of Residency for person with whom family is living
(See Proof of Residency section. Present one from each column.)
3. One piece of business mail in the parent/legal guardian’s name with the address of the home or apartment in which the student is residing. (This must be provided within 30 days of enrollment.)
Proof of Authorized Person to Enroll
The following persons are authorized to enroll students:
- Parent (natural or adoptive)
- Legal guardian
- Grandparent with a properly executed power of attorney for the care of a minor child
- Kinship caregiver with a properly executed Kinship Caregiver Affidavit
- Foster parent appointed by a state agency
- Sponsor for approved International Exchange Program
The person authorized to enroll should present one of the following:
- Driver’s license
- State identification card
- Other official photo identification
Immunization and Health Records
Students need BOTH of these items:
• Valid certificate of immunization
(Ga. Health Dept. Form #3231), or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption (Department of Health Form #2208 – available from the local school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your health care provider. A valid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration.
• Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening
(Ga. Health Dept. Form #3300, rev. 2013), available from the health department or your doctor/dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months, and stapled to the state form.
Other Important Information and Documentation
Information to Bring
- Previous School Records
- Report cards or official school transcript
- Withdrawal form from the previous school
- Discipline records for students enrolling in grades 7-12
- Student’s Social Security Number (or you may sign a waiver)
- Enrolling Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Parent/Guardian Email Address
- Up to 4 Emergency Contact Name(s) and Phone Number(s)
(Someone other than a Parent/Guardian would be listed as an Emergency Contact)
- Health Conditions: allergies, asthma, etc.
- Medicine Taken at School: including dose, frequency, and reason took.
Click here to get a copy of GCPS Medical Forms
- Daycare and/or Babysitter Contact Information
- Doctor: Name and phone number
- Previous School Records