Counseling Program Mission Statement
Cedar Hill School Counselors, we are a community dedicated to achievement for all students through academic, social-emotional, and career success.
- Students come first in the school counseling program.
- Our school and community are responsible to teach all students to value education and life-long learning.
- Our school provides all students with the attitudes, knowledge and skills to be college and career ready.
- Our school provides a positive environment where mutual respect and individual responsibility are learned and practiced.
- All students, regardless of their diverse learning abilities, can learn and achieve to their maximum potential.
- Our school counselor provides a comprehensive school counseling program driven by needs data and best practices
- Our school counselor adheres to the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
A comprehensive school counseling program serves all students, includes large and small group counseling, provides classroom guidance classroom lessons that follow the American School Counselors Association Standards and Competencies, incorporates short-term individual counseling, and works with all stakeholders: parents, teachers, and community
A school counselor is an educator who advocates for the student at school, works with teachers and parents to provide helpful suggestions and support for children’s needs, provides classroom lessons for every class, helps in identifying academic and social/emotional needs of children, helps children understand themselves and others, provides information about community resources that would benefit children, makes referrals to outsides agencies, and provides parents with resources and information.