WHITE OAK MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the staff of White Oak Elementary is to facilitate a safe and supportive environment where excellence in learning for all children results in students who are thinkers, learners, and leaders.
WHITE OAK BELIEF STATEMENT
The White Oak School Community believes:
- Student learning is the primary focus for the school.
- Decisions are made based on what’s best for student learning.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Exceptional students (e.g., special education, limited English proficiency, and gifted, etc.) require special services and resources.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.