2020 Summer Reading Program
It’s time to register for the 2020 Gwinnett County Public Library Summer Reading Challenge! Students will read and log their minutes through the Beanstack program online. The program begins on May 20th and closes on August 12th.
- Participants will earn points by reading (1 minute=1 point), participating in virtual programs, doing activity badges, and completing weekly and pop-up challenge badges.
- Participants will 'complete' the program by earning 480 points but can earn extra chances to win the more points they accumulate.
- We'll be giving away Kindle Fire tablets to a handful of winners at the end of the summer and they will be mailed directly to the winners' houses.
- Participants can do activities all summer long that will earn them points by completing the Activity Badge challenges.
- On top of the permanent collection of Activity Badge challenges, we'll be having exclusive, weekly challenges all summer long that will be introduced by fun videos on Facebook and Instagram (students don't need to watch the videos to complete the challenges). There will also be easy to complete, pop-up challenges on a regular basis that will award small points, as well.
- On top of our regular video programming on Facebook - Virtual Sewing Club, Backyard Biology, Storytime Takeout, etc. - we will be organizing virtual summer camps for kids and teens in June and July. Participation in any of these can also result in points.
At Woodward Mill, we will celebrate our students that complete the GCPS Summer Reading Program when we return to school in the fall! All students that log 480 minutes of reading will be recognized with prizes and a trip on the GCPS Book Mobile! You will NOT want to miss this awesome summer reading challenge! Be sure to register today at 2020 GCPL Summer Reading Challenge. When you register, make sure you select Woodward Mill as your school! We are excited about the summer reading challenge!