Issue: Does not render second video and infact hides the content below it in right column
We offer up to $20.75 per hour AND an outstanding benefits package!
We are currently hiring for custodians to join our winning team!
GCPS custodians receive highly competitive pay rates, while working in an environment where they are a valued member of a team. A safe and clean classroom and an attractive school environment both play an important role in helping our students to learn, grow, and fulfill their potential. GCPS custodians make a difference in their school community, while also following a flexible schedule that provides paid time off. Never worked as a custodian before? No problem! GCPS provides fully paid one-on-one training – we will make you successful.
Custodians working in Gwinnett County Public Schools enjoy:
- Highly competitive pay rates, up to $20.75 per hour with experience
- Location Close to Home
- With 141 school locations, you are able to work in a school that is close to where you live
- Health benefits
- District contributes to the cost of benefits
- Basic life insurance of $15,000, guarantee-issue for all benefited employees
- Medical, vision, dental, short-term disability, and more
- Higher take-home pay
- GCPS does not participate in Social Security - you see 5% more of your money in your pocket
- Make a lasting impact on the life of a child
- Enjoy the satisfaction that comes with preparing the children in your community for their future.
- Time Off
- 15 days of paid sick leave per school year (three of which can be used as personal days)
- All major holidays off of work, plus 12 days of vacation per year (and the ability to earn more, based on continuous service)
- 100% Fully Paid Training
- On-the-job training is provided at full-pay, no experience required
- Receive one-on-one training from an experienced GCPS custodial professional
- Flexible Schedule
- Daytime, evening and mid-day shifts are available, so you can work around your busy schedule
- Retirement benefits
- Public School Employee's Retirement System (PSERS)
- Gwinnett Retirement System (GRS) - social security replacement
How do I apply?
Click below to apply today! Submit your completed application, along with required work history, and previous supervisor references. Custodians must hold a High School Diploma or GED. Thanks for your interest in coming to join our winning team!