Dance Behavior & Dress Code
What is the dress code?
Ladies- no excessively revealing (front and/or back) dresses. Ensure the length is appropriate as well. If you think your dress is in violation of this dress code, please bring a picture with you wearing the dress to an administrator’s office.
Gentlemen- Please wear a jacket and tie. Shirts must be worn at all times.
What are the rules of the dance?
Suggestive or inappropriate dancing will not be allowed at all. This is a school-sponsored event. Please understand you will be asked to leave if you cannot dance appropriately.
- No outside containers will be allowed.
- No drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or weapons.
- All school & GCPS rules apply.
- Photo ID required upon check in. Please have this ready when you arrive.
- Norcross High School students who are planning to bring a date that does not attend Norcross High School are responsible for sharing this information with their date.
Students in violation of any of these rules will be asked to leave.
How can I nominate someone for Prom Court?
Nominations for seniors will be made on the senior eCLASS page Monday, February 27th through Friday, March 3rd.
When do we vote for King and Queen?
Final voting will take place the week before prom through eCLASS the week of Monday, March 13th through March 17th. The winners will be announced at prom.
*In order to be eligible to be on the prom court, you must be in good standing with the school. (On track to graduate, no significant behavior or discipline issues.)
- Nominations: Monday 2/27- Friday 3/3
- Prom Court Voting: Monday 3/6- Thursday 3/10
- King/Queen Voting: Monday 3/13- Friday 3/17
If you are bringing a guest that does not attend Norcross High School, or is an underclassman at Norcross High School, a guest information form must be completed.
If you are bringing a guest, they must:
- Be 20 years old or younger.
- Be able to provide a Photo ID.
- Be approved by administration.
- Pay the $25 Guest Fee*
*Guest Fee only applies to underclassman at NHS or guests that do not attend Norcross High School. If your date is an upperclassman at NHS, they must pay the full prom fee.*
Bring completed guest forms to Ms. Giles or Mrs. Mayfield Clark in C202 before Friday, March 10th.
Parking at Fox Theatre
Parking will be available in the RED LOT for $15.00 or the ORANGE LOT for $20.00.
There will not be an attendant. You must pay with a debit or credit card.
Parking Surrounding the Fox Theatre
The Fox Theatre does not own or manage any parking. We can, however, assist you with pre-purchasing reserved, self-parking passes in nearby, independently managed lots. Based on availability.
RED LOT/Lanier Garage - 730 Peachtree St. NE
300 Spaces, Entrance on Peachtree St.
ORANGE LOT - 727 Juniper St. NE
Where do I buy a ticket?
On MyPaymentsPlus under “Events & Activities.” The event is called “Norcross HS Junior Class Prom Dues.” ALL NHS Juniors & Seniors pay there.
How much are tickets?
AUGUST – OCTOBER 31: $90 PER TICKET
NOVEMBER 1 – JANUARY 16: $100 PER TICKET
JANUARY 17 – PROM DATE: $110 PER TICKET
*If you a senior and you believe you paid last year, please check with Ms. Giles or Mrs. Mayfield Clark to see if your name is on the list.
What if my date does not attend a Gwinnett County Public School?
All dates need to complete a permission form. They can buy a ticket through MyPaymentsPlus under “Events & Activities.” It is called “Norcross HS Prom Guest Fee (Underclassmen or Different School)”
Who can attend prom?
Prom is a dance for any junior or senior who has purchased a prom ticket on MyPaymentsPlus.
When is prom?
Prom is Saturday, March 25th, 2023 from 7-11pm. The prom will end promptly at 11:00pm. You must have a ride to pick you up no later than 11:00pm.
Where is prom?
Prom will be held at The Fox Theatre. It will be in the Egyptian Ballroom.
660 Peachtree St NE,
Atlanta, GA 30308
What can I use for a photo ID at check-in?
You can use a school ID, Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit, or Passport. If you do not have one of these, please go to the media center to have them print your student information.
Please review the rules below that are in place for Junior-Senior Prom at the Fox Theatre on Saturday, March 25th, 2023. Please be sure you understand them and are aware of the consequences if you do not abide by them.
- Photo ID (Driver’s License, School ID, Learners Permit, etc) will be required upon check-in.
- Prom will end promptly at 11:00 pm. You must have a ride at The Fox Theatre by 11:00pm.
- Suggestive or inappropriate dancing will not be allowed at all. This is a school-sponsored event. Please understand you WILL be asked to leave if you cannot dance appropriately.
- No excessively revealing (front and/or back) or short dresses will be allowed. If you think your dress is in violation of this dress code, please bring a picture with you wearing the dress to an administrator’s office.
- This is a school-sponsored event; therefore, all GCPS and Norcross High School rules apply.
- Students who are suspended or expelled during this time are not allowed to attend any GCPS school function, including Prom.
- Norcross High School students who are planning to bring a date that does not attend Norcross High School to the dance are responsible for sharing this information with their date.
Ensure that you have read through the above guidelines and discussed them with your parents.
I understand that I must follow all of the above rules or I could be asked to leave the Prom.