Norcross High School has implemented many successful years of the School Council that was enacted in the Georgia A+ Education bill. The law outlines the duties of the School Council to serve as an advisory body to the principal on issues such as curriculum, school goals and priorities, budget, and presentation of data to the community.
Norcross High School Council meetings are held 6 times throughout the school year. We are currently in the process of recruiting parents for the NHS School Council.
The members of the school council are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Regularly participate in school council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student achievement and performance