I am a STAR Leader
I show LEADERSHIP when I am honest.
- I tell the truth.
- I do what is right when no one is looking.
- I turn in work in my own words using my own ideas.
I show LEADERSHIP when I am respectful.
- I use polite words (Yes, No, Yes Sir, No Ma’am, Please, Thank You, Excuse Me).
- I look at people when I talk to them.
- I stop, look and listen when someone is talking to me.
- I listen and follow directions.
- I use a polite tone of voice.
- I use appropriate language.
- I look at people with a kind face.
- I use good table manners.
I show LEADERSHIP when I am responsible.
- I take care of the school and everything in it.
- I keep my work space clean and neat.
- I help keep our school clean.
- I get my materials ready throughout the day.
- I turn in my homework on time.
- I apologize when my actions are hurtful.
- I think before I act.
- I ask for help when I need it.
- I come to school ready to learn.
I show LEADERSHIP when I cooperate.
- I work nicely with classmates and adults.
- I take turns.
- I include others in group activities.
- I volunteer to help.
- I can be counted on to do my part.
- I solve problems without arguing or fighting.
I show LEADERSHIP when I am kind.
- I treat others the way I want to be treated.
- I care for people and things.
- I help people who need help.
- I only say nice things to everybody.
- I make others feel good.
I show LEADERSHIP when I persevere.
- I do my best work.
- I work hard to be a good friend.
- I keep trying even when things get hard.
- I set goals for myself and work to reach them.
- I stay on task and use my time wisely.
I show LEADERSHIP when I am courageous.
- I stand up for what is right.
- I reach out to someone who needs a friend.
- I am willing to try something new.
- I speak up when I see a problem.
- I am a role model to others.