Media Center Policies & Procedures
8:30 AM -2:00 PM
Students may visit the media center with a pass from their teacher at any time throughout the day.
K-2 homerooms will have an assigned day to bring their entire class for checkout.
3-5 classes will checkout during their Specials rotation.
- All books are due two weeks after checkout.
- Students are welcome to return their books prior to the due date, to get new materials.
- Magazines and graphic novels are available for checkout, but they can only checkout one at a time.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Students
- 1 Book
2nd and 5th Grade Students
- 2 Books
Fines for lost and damaged materials:
- $15 for hardback books
- $5 for paperbacks
- $5 for magazines (replacement of the protective cover)
Take good care of library materials so other students will be able to enjoy them after you.
- Keep your book in your backpack when you are not reading it. You will always know where it is and you will have it at school when you're ready to get a new book to read.
- Do not eat or drink while reading a library book.
- Do not write or draw in a library book.
- Be careful not to tear or rip the pages of the book.
- Do not store your book(s) near water or snacks.