Transportation Authorization Form
Day Care Transportation
Parents must complete a Transportation Parent Authorization form in order for their child to be allowed to ride a GCPS bus or day care bus. These forms will be available for parents at Open House. Any parent not attending Open House will have a form sent home with their child which must be completed and returned to the school as soon as possible.
Parents of students being transported to a day care facility by a GCPS bus or private day care must provide the school with a copy of the day care verification letter to include the start date and day care director’s signature. An official bus pass must be obtained each day the student will not attend day care (listed on the transportation tag) to ride the GCPS bus to his/her home address.
The safety of a child while walking to, from, and waiting at the bus stop is the parent’s responsibility. Students are assigned to the bus stop closest to their home address. All students will be issued a transportation tag, and this tag must be on the child’s book-bag at all times. The school must be notified in writing to request a transportation change different from the original agreement made at Orientation. Bus Passes can NOT be issued for play dates, birthdays, Girl/Boy Scouts meetings, weekend sleepovers, or any other reason except for an emergency as determined by a school official.
To obtain a temporary bus pass, parents must notify the school in person and/or in writing with the following information:
- Names of parent and student, contact phone number, and address of the student your child is going home with on the bus.
- Name of parent (requesting emergency transportation), contact phone number for verification, day of week and date(s) that you are requesting a bus pass (not to exceed 10 consecutive school days), parent signature and date.
If you have any questions, please call Brenda Frachiseur, Bus Transportation Supervisor at 770-513-6881.
Registration for Dyer’s Car Rider Program is accomplished at Orientation with your child’s teacher. All students will be issued a car rider tag & number, regardless of their regular method of transportation. We do this because a car rider tag is required when a student stays after school for a club; in addition, it makes it easier for parents to pick up in car riders on occasion when necessary, (transportation change note still required.) Please keep your car rider tag in your glove box at all times. All car riders must have a car rider tag number.
Please read carefully the following car rider expectations and procedures:
Car Rider Arrival
- Car rider drop off is from 7:45 AM until 8:15 AM.
- No left turn is permitted out of the parking lot during this time.
- Please have your child prepared to exit your car once you enter the unloading area. This means that book bags, lunchboxes, and other items need to be in your child’s hands or secured on his/her back in order to make an immediate exit from your vehicle once stopped and inside the unloading zone.
- Goodbye hugs and kisses need to take place BEFORE entering the unloading zone. This will help keep our arrival process running safely and smoothly.
- Once inside the unloading zone and after coming to a complete stop, (please put cars in park to avoid accidental rolling) your child is to exit your vehicle on the right hand side on his/her own and then shut the door to your vehicle.
- Please do not use cell phones during this process.
- Duty personnel will be standing at the beginning, middle, and ending points of the unloading zone should an emergency arise. However, it will be up to your child to open and close your vehicle door.
- After the 8:15 AM bell, you must park and walk your child to the front office for late check-in.
- No left turn when exiting between 7:45 AM – 8:25 AM.
Car Rider Dismissal
- Car Rider Dismissal is from 2:45 PM-3:10 PM.
- No left turn out of the parking lot permitted at this time.
- Please have hanging from your rearview mirror the vehicle/student identification number (car rider tag) to which your child/children are assigned.
- Car Rider tags will be issued as a set of two so that more than one member of your family may use this system or enable you to have a spare.
- Each number will be communicated into the building where the car rider students will be seated awaiting their number to be announced.
- Please discuss with your child the number assigned to you and have your child ready to “respond” and move to the loading zone when his/her number is called!
- Once your vehicle is in the loading zone and is stopped, (please put cars in park to avoid accidental rolling) your student(s) will be directed to proceed to your vehicle and open the door.
- Just as in the morning, it will be your child’s responsibility to open and close your vehicle door.
- Please do not use cell phones during this process.
- Duty personnel will be standing in the beginning, middle, and end of the loading zone should an emergency arise.
- NEVER allow your student to enter /exit your car outside the designated loading/unloading zone.
Temporary Transportation Changes
The school must be notified in writing to request a transportation change different from the original agreement made at registration. For your child’s safety, no changes will be accepted via telephone or email. A written request must be signed, dated, and include your child’s name, teacher’s name, and a telephone number where you can be reached that morning. Notes must be submitted to your child’s teacher when they arrive at school for the day.
If your child is going home with another student, the note must also include the names of that student and their parent, that parent’s phone number, and their address if riding the bus. Bus Passes can NOT be issued for play dates, birthdays, Girl/Boy Scouts meetings, weekend sleepovers or any other reason except for an emergency as determined by a school official. Transportation changes will not be accepted after 12:30PM.