Message From Our Principal
Dear Starling Families,
Welcome back for another exciting year! This year, our theme is Team Up for Excellence in Learning. This theme reflects our commitment to excellence for all students every day and in every classroom. Our focus continues to center around the safety of our students, staff, and families. We have taken many measures to keep everyone safe while still maintaining a strong focus on the growth and achievement of our students.
Starling takes great pride in creating an educational atmosphere where students can learn in a caring and nurturing environment. Together our staff encourages students to engage in a lifelong love of learning. As we focus on student achievement, we will provide a variety of academic and educational experiences that promote student growth and learning throughout the year. We will continue to focus on the use of eCLASS and integration of technology in all content areas. We are continuing the implementation of the Craft of Reading and Writing. Our goal is to create a love of literacy throughout the school.
I encourage you to take an active role in your child’s learning. Parent involvement plays a critical role in our school’s success. Ways to support and increase your child’s academic success include:
- Make attendance a PRIORITY including limiting tardiness and absences
- Check Parent Portal regularly to stay informed of student progress
- Communicate often with your child’s homeroom teacher
- Read with your child at least 20 minutes a day
- Limit television and social media, and encourage outside play
- Review the school day with your child and eCLASS course pages often for assignments and assessment dates
It is an honor and privilege to serve as your principal. Together, I know we will make this year one of growth and achievement. The staff and I are looking forward to an educationally rewarding school year with you and your children. I hope that you will visit and volunteer often.
With Starling Pride,
Mrs. Jacinta Henry, Principal