Our Media Center MissionThe mission of the Bay Creek Middle School Media Program is to enhance student achievement by creating an atmosphere where learning is nurtured and actively pursued in order to assist students in becoming proficient readers and responsible users of information.
We want to encourage a desire to read, inquire, collaborate, create and share knowledge. The media center strives to provide our school community with a wide range of materials on appropriate levels of difficulty to foster academic and personal growth, establish a life-long love of reading, and help build literacy skills along the way.
Media Center Basics
- Bay Creek Middle School Media Center is available for students, staff, and parents daily from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Students have a regular book circulation time scheduled through Language Arts classes.
- Students may come independently to the Media Center during the school day with a pass.
- Students are encouraged to check out books. Student loan period is two weeks.
- Students may check out three books or two books and a magazine at a time. Books may be returned at any time.
- Any overdue items must be returned before a student can check out another item.
- Lost books must be paid before a student may check out another book.
- Hardcover books cost $20.00 and paperback books cost $10.00 to replace.
- Computers are available to students and staff for research or classroom assignments.