Transportation Information for 2021-22 School Year
To prepare for your child’s transportation needs for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete the transportation form linked below. Every student returning to Pharr Elementary School next year will need a completed transportation form for the 21-22 school year. This form should only be filled out ONCE per student. There is a “submit” button on page 2 of the document. If the button does not seem to work, please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the front office at 770-244-0244 with any questions and submit the GCPS Transportation form by May 14, 2021.
You will need to download the form to your computer in order for the submit button to email the form to Pharr. After you hit submit, if you do not have a default email set up, it will prompt you to choose which email you want to use.
Click to fill out and submit the transportation form for the 21-22 school year.
- All Bus Riders must have a county-issued bus tag attached to their bookbag each day.
Morning Car Rider Procedures
- Do not let your child out before the staff members are in place on the sidewalk (8:20a.m.) The door is locked until that time. If your child needs to enter the building before 8:20 a.m. Please enter with your child at the front of the building and check in at the office.
- Do not drop your child off in a parking space and have them cross the parking lot to enter the building.
- If you must walk your child inside, please use the marked crosswalk and wait for an adult to signal. We want to be sure that the driver in the carpool lane is aware of the pedestrians crossing.
- Our staff closes the door at 8:45 a.m. If you arrive after 8:45am and no adults are on the sidewalk, please walk with your child to the front atrium and use the computer to sign-in.
Afternoon Car Rider Procedures
- All students that will be car riders on a regular basis need to have a Car Rider Tag for the vehicle picking them up. 2 car rider tags cost $5.00, and can be purchased in the Front Atrium.
- Students will be dismissed at 3:20 p.m. Please be in the car-rider lane to pick up your child.
- Place your car-rider number in the upper right-hand corner of your windshield so it will be easily seen.
- Please stay in your car and wait your turn. Please do not park your car and wait at the door for your child. Staff members will help your children to your car.
- Children not picked up by 3:40 p.m. will be waiting in the front office. Please be sure that you are here on time.
- If your child is going home with someone else, send a note to school with your child. Include your child’s name, the first and last name of the driver, dates they are to ride with that driver, and a parent signature.
- Arrival begins at 8:20 am with the tardy bell ringing at 8:50 am.
- Dismissal begins at 3:20 pm.
Change in Transportation
- An email to a teacher may not be viewed in time to make transportation changes.
- If your child is not going home by his or her normal method of transportation, please have your child deliver a note to his or her teacher. The note should detail the revised transportation plan for that day.