Welcome to Your Media Center
Book Mobile 5K
Book Mobile 5K supporters,
Due to the current health crisis, we will not be able to gather in Peachtree Corners for the May 2, 2020 Book Mobile 5K. Our world and the way we work, live and play in it, has dramatically changed, and events like our 5K are forced to change as well.
What hasn’t changed is the need to put books in kids’ hands! So, rather than cancel or postpone the 5K, our event is going virtual!
What does this mean?
- We won’t gather at Pinckneyville Middle School on May 2.
- Each participant will run where and when they can do so safely, even on a treadmill.
- On May 2, registrants will receive a short form to complete. A self-reported time will be optional.
- Whether you were able to run the full 5K or complete a .5 mile fun run, you will receive a Book Mobile race day shirt in the mail.
- Everyone who completes the form will be entered in a drawing for great prizes – Stripers tickets, Fox Theater tickets, and more!
- Your school can still win a free Book Mobile visit by having the most registrations!
We encourage runners to post pictures on social media using #bookitforthebus and tagging @gcpslibraries. Let’s connect by encouraging each other to support this program.
Thank you to the sponsors, registrants, and volunteers who have made our event a success in the past. Please register for this year’s virtual event at bookmobile5k.com, and we look forward to seeing you in person on May 1, 2021!
Online Research Library
Each school has a unique site for the GCPS databases that students can access through the MY eCLASS student portal.
- Select the Online Research Library app to access the GCPS databases.
- If the databases are accessed through MY eCLASS, a password will not be necessary even when a student is not at school.
- Passwords will be required when accessing the databases outside of MY eCLASS (e.g., a hyperlink to a specific article in a lesson plan or through a mobile app). Click on the password icon in eClass to access the password document for all of the GCPS databases, including the current Galileo password.
Monday - Thursday
6:50 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
6:50 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
- Students must have a pass during the school day, even during lunch.
- Students must sign into and out of the check in computer when visiting the media center.
- Students can check out three books for three weeks at a time. Books can be renewed if not on hold for another student.
- We do not charge late fees; however, lost books are $20 for hard cover and $10 for paperback.
- Printing costs 10 cents per page for black ink and 25 cents per page for color.