• Registration

    Registration for 2021-2022 opens on April 6th. Please follow the steps below.


  • NEW students

    Only NEW or UPCOMING KINDERGARTEN students should complete the registration process by following the steps listed to the right (or below, if you are viewing on a phone).

    Returning Student Registration (attended Starling ES last year):​​

    Please be on the lookout for an email in mid-late July for information regarding returning student registration.

    Transferring Student Registration

    If your child is transferring from another Gwinnett County school to Starling, please withdraw from current school and come to Starling with withdraw paperwork and residency information.

  • Step 1 - Gather Documents

    Due to the COVID19, this year parents will be asked to upload documents instead of bringing them to school. You will need to upload the items listed below.

    • Official documentation showing proof of birth date. Examples include an original birth certificate or birth registration, an official state or federal form with date of birth, or passport. Parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state's ROVER service for a fee.

    • Proof of residency in the attendance zone. The school requires proof of residency, which may be verified by presenting a current utility bill (gas, water or electric...NO cell phone bills) AND ONE of the following documents:

      • a non-contingent sales contract

      • current lease/rental agreement

      • most recent income tax return

      • current paycheck stub

      • current residential property tax statement or bill

      • current warranty or quitclaim deed

      • current home purchase agreement

      • current homeowner’s insurance policy

    • If you are currently residing at a temporary residency within the district, you will need a third-person affidavit of residency (available at school) including

      • Signature of person with whom the family is living

      • Signature of parent/legal guardian of student, and

      • Apartment manager's signature (if applicable)

    • A Georgia certificate of immunization (Ga. Form #3231). Out of state immunization forms must be transferred to the Georgia form. This can be done by either a pediatrician's office or the Gwinnett County Health Department

    • Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form #3300R) obtained in the last year. This information must be on the Georgia Form, completed by a physician and dentist or the Gwinnett County Health Depart

    • A photo ID for the adult registering the child

    • Proof of custody/guardianship (If not birth parent)

    • The child’s social security card (or sign Waiver on Enrollment)

  • Step 2 - Register and Upload Docs

  • Step 3 - Sign Up For Screener (KINDERGARTEN ONLY)

    Sign up for a time to bring your student in to the school for a short assessment. Use this link to sign up: https://ptcfast.com/schools/Starling_Elementary_School

    Also, please bring any registration documents that you were unable to upload to our system and we can make copies for your student's file.

  • Step 4 - Read All About Kindergarten

    Visit the All about Kindergarten on the GCPS Website for additional information, including how to prepare for kindergarten, school calendar, school meal program information, and more!

  • Step 5 (OPTIONAL) - Read about the Free and Reduced Lunch option from School Nutrition

    Check out the Kindergarten & Sibling Flyer below for more information on the School Nutrition Program in Gwinnett County Public Schools.

    2021-22 Kindergarten & Sibling SNP