What is Digital Citizenship?
Digital Citizenship is a way of acting, thinking, and being online. It is thinking critically about what you see and read online, acting responsibly and ethically on social media sites, and protecting private information. Want more information? Check out Common Sense Media at https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
May Digital Citizenship Tip: Digitally Manipulated Photos
- Digital photos can be manipulated to change what is in the photo or how it looks
- It can be hard to tell if a photo has been manipulated. It’s increasingly difficult to figure out what’s real and fake online- from news to images
- They can be deceiving- misleading you to believe something is true that isn’t
- Celebrity photos are often times manipulated. Comparing yourself to manipulated photos can make you feel bad about yourself because it’s an unrealistic expectation of what people look like.
- Digitally manipulated photos are not limited to people. Charts, graphs, and other images can be altered as well.
- Digitally manipulating photos can be fun and a way to express yourself creatively.