Community Service Logs have gone digital! Please use the code to join your grade level Google Classroom for the 2021-2022 school year. Read your class information carefully, as there are several changes this year! Logs must be submitted no later than March 4th, 2022 for seniors who are trying to earn a cord. 30 hours of service are due no later than the stated deadlines in order to be eligible for a reward.
9th Grade (c/o 2025) Google Class Code: e6kbkzy
10th Grade (c/o 2024) Google Class Code: 2mkomrq
11th Grade (c/o 2023) Google Class Code: ozza56q
12th Grade (c/o 2022) Google Class Code: ffhjz57
Guidelines for Service Hours
- It is the student's responsibility to reach out to non-profit organizations, school clubs, or other organizations to find community service opportunities.
- Performances for school or other extra-curricular activities cannot be counted toward your hours. However, performances for special groups such as nursing homes, churches, or hospitals would count.
- To receive a community service cord for graduation, seniors must have an accumulation of 135 hours submitted over the course of 4 years (you must submit the minimum requirement by the due date each year enrolled at GHS.)
- Service logs must be completed and turned in by March 4th, 2022 in order to receive recognition.
- All logs must be submitted digitally to the Google Classroom, paper copies and emails will not be accepted.
Recognition and Awards
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, hours for awards have been adjusted for the 21-22 school year. To be considered for award eligibility, 30+ hours must be earned during the current school year.
First 30+ - Patch
30 Hours + 25 Hours from 2020-2021 school year (55 hours total) - Bar
30 Hours + 65 Hours from previous years (95 Hours Total) - Bar
30 Hours + 95 Hours from previous years (125 Hours Total) - Graduation Cord
*Only the Senior Class is eligible to earn a cord
**Prior to the 2020-2021 school year, 40 hours were required each year. the new award guidelines take this into account for award recognition.
After I turn in my community service log in March, when can I get a new log for the following school year?
New logs will be available after spring break. Any hours completed from the date the previous log was turned in can be added to the next school year log. Community service hours for each school year run from mid March to mid March.
If I exceed my hours for the school year, can I save some hours and add them to the next school year log?
No, any hours used on the log must be completed during the date range of the log.
If I transfer to Grayson from another school, am I still eligible to earn a graduation cord for 4 full years of service?
Yes, but you will need to show proof of service hours from your previous school. If you school did not offer community service you will need to complete 160 hours during the time you are enrolled at Grayson High School.
If I do not turn in a log my 9th and 10th grade year, can I still get a cord if I accumulate a total of 160 hours during my junior and senior years?
No, you must have 40 each year. The only exception is if you miss one year of not completing the log then you can make up the 40 hours across the other 3 years of high school.
Questions? See Mrs. Horton - 1.532