Grayson High School is a PBIS school. PBIS is a program that helps students develop the practice of positive behaviors.
The basic philosophy of PBIS is to:
TEACH students how they are expected to behave
REINFORCE their good behavior
PROVIDE SUPPORT to students as they learn to correct misdirected behaviors.
PBIS is a framework for creating and sustaining an effective school-wide behavior system with an emphasis on preventing problems. Shifting the focus toprevention minimizes behavioral problems and increases academic time for students. When this type of system is fully in place:
- Staff are more consistent in their expectations and actions.
- Students and staff are positively recognized for demonstrating expectations.
- Families and the community know these expectations.
- A more positive relationship exists between and among staff and students.
- Focus is on an educational approach to teaching, modeling, and acknowledging expectations.
Providing predictability, stability, clear limits, consistency, and routine helps create safe learning environments. Structure helps students to develop internal control and self-discipline by organizing their world and providing age-appropriate opportunities for them to make their own positive decisions. PBIS has been successful in schools throughout the United States and has met with success in several schools in Georgia.
Grayson High School Expectations
Grayson Rams Are . . .
- Respect yourself and peers.
- Maintain personal body space.
- Follow Grayson Dress Code.
- Respect all GCPS property and personnel.
- Use school appropriate language, tone, and volume.
- Walk and talk - keep moving in the halls and atrium.
- Use passes wisely.
- Secure your valuables/electronics during the day.
- Bring your class supplies - agenda, textbook, pencil, paper, homework.
- Be where you are supposed to be.
- Take the shortest route.
- Be on time.
Ready to Learn
- Make good choices.
- Be honest and polite. Say please and thank you. Apologize and admit mistakes.
- Be an active learner. Stay on task.
- Put forth your best efforts.