Please check this website on a regular basis for information regarding senior activities and graduation!
LHS Senior Class Information
Welcome, Senior Class!
Thanks Class of 2019
Thanks for a great year, Class of 2019!!!!!The faculty and staff of Lanier High School wish you all the best for a prosperous future!!
Honor Graduate Status/Graduation Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a tri-colored variegated cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.
Graduation Ceremony 2021
Graduation will be Monday, May 31st at 2pm at the Infinite Energy Arena. Please see the details regarding our ceremony on this site and in emails.
Exam Exemption Policy (Second Semester Only)
Seniors meeting the set criteria are eligible for exam exemption during Spring Semester. Students must have a 90.0 average in the class, or be an Honor Graduate, in order to exempt. Seniors will receive detailed exemption information at the beginning of May.
Our goal is for every senior to receive letters congratulating them as well as wishing them luck in their future endeavors. Letters to your senior may be as simple as a purchased card or a personal letter, detailing special memories, wishes for the future, etc.
We MUST receive all letters by Wednesday, May 19, 2021. We cannot take letters after this date. All letters should be dropped off at the front desk of the school or mailed to the following address:
Lanier High School
Attn: Senior Class Sponsor
918 Buford Hwy
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
Extremely important: Write the senior’s name in the LOWER LEFT corner of the envelope so that it gets to the right student. We want all letters to be confidential, and this will prevent us from having to open the letters to determine the recipient. Please do not use nicknames, etc.
We hope that you will take part in this project to make memories of Lanier High School and this graduating class even more special! We want this to be a surprise for the seniors. Letters will be disbursed at a date TBD. Please forward these directions to any friends or family members that you ask to write and submit letters.
Graduation is set for Monday, May 31st at 2:00 PM at the Inifinite Energy Center!
- As advised on the senior information form, tickets will be distributed based on the current state executive order regarding gatherings at venues. Lanier graduates will get 5 tickets each. Appropriate spacing between groups is planned. GCPS requires masks to be worn at all indoor events, including graduation.
- Due to limited seating, GCPS graduations will be live-streamed so that family and friends can view the ceremony. There will also be a DVD available for purchase (more information to come).
Any senior (including dual enrollment seniors and December graduates) who will NOT be participating in the ceremony should email Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org or by call (404) 941-6078. Be sure to give your full name.
5th Grade Walks- Lanier Cluster Elementary Schools
Our cluster elementary schools would like to invite you back to lead the 5th grade walks on the last day of school, Wednesday, May 26th! If you are interested, check your former elementary school information below and contact the appropriate person, where necessary.
Sugar Hill ES: RSVP and send a 4th/5th grade photo of yourself to Julie.Treadwell@gcpsk12.org
Due to the forecast of rain/stormy weather, Honors Night has been rescheduled for Thursday, May 6th at 6:30pm in the Lanier HS stadium. Same guidelines as before!
Lanier HS Honors Night for Seniors will be held at Lanier HS Football Stadium on May 4th@6:30pm. **This event is by invitation only.** COVID 19 guidelines will be in place along with mandatory mask requirements for all participants.
Prom will take place on April 24th in downtown Sugar Hill. This will be an outdoor event. Click here for the prom information website.
Tickets will be on sale for only one week beginning April 12th on MPP. The senior ticket price is $50. Guests must be 20 or under to attend and are not required to be GCPS students! Guest tickets are $50.
Tickets can be picked up at school on April 19th, 21st and 22nd before school or during lunches. No ticket sales or pick ups on Friday, April 23rd.
Ticket pick-up on Digital Day Tue, Apr 20: 9a-Noon in parking lot behind the commons
In-person students can pick up tickets before school or during lunches.
Reminder: all media debts must be paid and all permission forms must be turned in before receiving a ticket!
Contact Elizabeth.Dolcimascolo@gcpsk12.org with questions.
Cap and Gown and Senior T-shirt Distribution
If you were not able to pick up your cap and gown on Monday, 5/3 or Tuesday, 5/4, a new date and time will be communicated soon!
If you were not able to pick up your cap and gown on Tuesday, 4/27, here are the next times we will be distributing:Monday, 5/3 during all lunches (10:30-12:30)Tuesday, 5/4 after school (3:00-5:00)Remember- dues must be paid prior to picking up your cap and gown! The deadline for dues in MyPaymentsPlus.com will be Friday, May 7th!Email if you have any questions!
Cap and Gown and Senior T-shirt Distribution, Tue, April 27
Caps and gowns and senior t-shirts will be distributed on Tuesday, April 27 to all seniors that have paid senior dues.
The distribution plan will be as follows:
- In-person students: Please stop by the commons area during ALL LUNCHES to pick up your items.
- Digital/Full-time Dual enrollment students: Please come to the front drive of the school 10:30a - 1:30p to pick up your items. ***PLEASE DO NOT COME BETWEEN 1:30 AND 3:00 SO THAT WE CAN PREPARE FOR SCHOOL DISMISSAL***
- We will also be available in the front drive of the school 3:00p - 5:00p for any senior that did not pick up items during the designated times above.
When you come to pick up your items – you must follow these guidelines:
1. Have your name (Last Name, First Name) written large and in a dark marker and displayed in your window.
2. DO NOT get out of your car or park your car, you will enter from Buford Hwy ONLY. You will go through the bus lane and exit out at Buford Hwy.
3. As you move down the bus lane all items will be placed in your car. Please pop the trunk or hatch to your car and your items will be placed in your trunk or hatch of your vehicle.
You may come at any time during the stated time frame.Please contact Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org or (404) 941-6078 with questions.
How to wear your regalia for the ceremony:
All seniors should wear the Lanier medallion in their photo (white ribbon, crest on the medal).
If you have an NHS or other stole, that should go on first, then cords, then medals.
GRADUATION ATTIRE- for the graduates
DARK (black, navy, dark brown) shoes. We will also allow nude (not pink) shoes. If you choose to wear high heels, be sure to practice walking in them!
Dresses or top/skirt combo without excessively full skirts or high ruffled necklines; if you prefer, you may wear DARK pants
DARK (black, navy, dark brown) slacks, DARK shoes, DARK socks
Dress shirt (with a collar) and tie
Ladies and Gentlemen bring the following:
- Your cap and gown (ladies do NOT need the white collar that comes with it)
- Cords or medals you've earned (this includes Maxwell tassel
- Cords earned by service organizations such as Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts)
- School medallion (you will receive it at graduation)
****Special note: You are NOT to decorate your cap!****
NO STUDENT may wear denim, t-shirts, flip-flops or tennis shoes. Any student not appropriately dressed will not participate in the ceremony.
Senior Dues 2021Senior dues for 2020-21 have been adjusted to $75.- If junior dues were paid 2019-20, senior dues have been credited for 2020-21. Nothing else is due for senior fees/dues. We unfortunately do not have a way to credit it or remove it from MyPayments Plus, so you will just have to ignore it.If you paid both 2019-20 junior dues and 2020-21 senior dues, a refund (or partial refund for some) has already been authorized back to your method of payment.- If 2019-20 Junior dues were not paid, 2020-21 Senior dues must be paid in the amount of $75 through MyPayments Plus.- If assistance is needed for senior dues, please contact your counselor. (Gueh: Last names A - G; West: Last names H - N; T. Kay: Last names O - Z)
Questions can be directed to Ms. Chappell at Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org or (404) 941-6078.
Senior Week will be April 26 - April 30!
During Senior Week, show your pride by dressing up on our dress days!! If you are a digital or dual enrollment senior, we want you to participate too!!! Take a picture in your gear, post it to your stories on IG, FB or Twitter and tag @lanierhsga!
Mon, 4/26- Tourist Day - Hawaiian shirts, khaki shorts, etc...our vacation days are coming up!
Tue, 4/27- Neon Day - Wear your neon gear to represent the bright future ahead! Caps and gowns will also be distributed. **See plan below.
Wed, 4/28- Longhorn Spirit and Thank-a-Teacher Day - Wear your favorite Lanier Longhorn gear, and write notes or emails of appreciation to teachers and staff who have made an impact on your time here at Lanier.
Thur, 4/29- College and Career Day - Hopefully you all signed up for Decision Day (happens during Longhorn Time)! Even if you didn't, wear your future college or military shirt/gear or something that represents your future career!
Fri, 4/30- Senior T-shirt Day - Wear your senior t-shirt today! Senior T-shirts will be distributed with caps and gowns. **See plan below.
Let's fill the Wall of Acceptance with your names!
If you have been accepted to a college or colleges, please bring a copy of your acceptance letter to Ms. Biel in the Counseling Office. You can also email Ms. Biel a picture of your acceptance letter.
Balfour Days at Lanier HS
Scholastic Images will be back at LANIER on Monday, January 11th during all lunches. Their team of representatives will be happy to assist students with: Senior Grad Packages (Seniors-flyer attached); Class Rings (Juniors & Seniors); and Letter Jacket(all eligible student-athletes) Orders.LANIER Senior Grad Packages--Order Online at www.scholasticimages.com-Choose LANIER and click submit-Click on the far right image Senior Grad Packages-Choose from Package A or B*these items will ship directly to your home from our Student Center in Suwanee*-Order During Lunch on JANUARY 11Below are several links that contain all the information to assist with ordering or gathering more information:Here is a short video to help with the ordering steps for your class ring: https://vimeo.com/449403821Here is a link to go help with designing and/or ordering your ring online: http://www.gabalfour.com/si-rings/Scholastic Images Inc./Balfour2955 Horizon Park Drive Suite DSuwanee, GA 30024770-614-9353
CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS
- Cap and Gown Portraits at Lanier High School will be taken on Tuesday, March 16th and Thursday, March 25th from 2:30-5pm in the media center at Lanier High.
- Magic Moment Photography will provide the white button down shirt for gentlemen, the gown, the cap and the tassel. If your senior would like to wear a tie, that is their own choosing and they must provide their own.
- In order to take a picture, you must have an appointment and pre-pay for your package. Seniors will be able to view and choose their portrait at the time of the sitting. Due to Covid, we are mailing these portraits straight to homes this year - no delivery through the school.
- When ordering your package, please make sure you double check your mailing address. Also, due to Covid restrictions, PLEASE only one guest per Senior. We may only have a certain number of guests in the room at a time.
- You can make your appointment using this link:
- Make sure you choose
Session: Cap and Gown for Seniors
School: Lanier Cap and Gown (Seniors Only)
- To pre-order your portraits, you may use this link:
You may also pay on the day of your session by using cash, check, Visa or Mastercard.
Contact Magic Moment Photography directly with questions!
Class of 2021 Senior Information FormThe Senior Information Form is used to order caps and gowns, senior t-shirts and to plan senior events.The cap and gown order has been placed and is currently being processed. Any senior that did not fill out the senior information form should contact Ms. Chappell directly at Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org.Any caps and gowns ordered after February 1st will incur a $20 late fee in addition to senior dues.
Community Service Logs due 3/11
Community service logs are due to Ms. Biel in the Counseling Office by Thursday, March 11th.
If you have 50 hours, you will receive the Community Service seal on your diploma.
If you have 100+ hours, you will receive the Community Service seal on your diploma AND a cord to wear at graduation.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Biel in the Counseling Office.