Please check this website on a regular basis for information regarding senior activities and graduation!
LHS Senior Class Information
Welcome, Senior Class!
Thanks Class of 2019
Thanks for a great year, Class of 2019!!!!!The faculty and staff of Lanier High School wish you all the best for a prosperous future!!
Honor Graduate Status/Graduation Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a tri-colored variegated cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.
Graduation Ceremony 2020
- Graduation will be held Monday, May 25 at 2:00pm at the Infinite Energy Forum.
- Graduation practice will be held on Friday, May 22, 9-11am in the LANIER HS COMMONS. Tickets for the ceremony will be disbursed then.
- Each graduate gets 10 guest tickets and may request up to 15 more on the Senior Information Form. Contact Ms. Chappell with questions.
Exam Exemption Policy (Second Semester Only)
Seniors meeting the set criteria are eligible for exam exemption during Spring Semester. Students must have a 90.0 average in the class, or be an Honor Graduate, in order to exempt. Seniors will receive detailed exemption information at the beginning of May.
Congratulations, Class of 2020 Senior Superlatives!
MOST TALENTED: Aneesa Julmice & Hadero LeeBEST SENSE OF HUMOR: Maggie Holder & Will FielderCUTEST COUPLE: Drew Rehak & Jordan DrummondMOST ATHLETIC: Morgan Manley & Sion JamesMOST SPIRIT: Kaylee Avila & Joey SmithBEST DRESSED: Zuriyah Davis & Nahil PerkinsMOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED: Stella Choi & Mason LaddWORST CASE OF SENIORITIS: Maggie Burton & Michael Ples
****Night of prom info: Prom date has been changed to Saturday, MAY 16th, 8-11pm!
- Location is the Forsyth Conference Center at Lanier Tech
- 3410 Ronald Reagan Blvd, Cumming, GA 30041
- Students must bring ticket and ID with them to get into prom
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
- Seniors that paid junior dues last year ($75) get a ticket this year at no additional cost.
- Seniors that did not pay junior dues can buy a one year ticket for $100, also on MPP. It says junior dues (for seniors that did not pay junior dues)
- Guest tickets are $50 on MPP
Ticket purchase and pick up "emergencies" will be dealt with on a case by case basis and should be communicated with Mrs. Dolcimascolo through email.
- All library and textbook fines must be paid before picking up a ticket
- Tickets and favors distribution times TBD. Check back after spring break for more details!
- Students must pick up their own ticket
Seniors, it's time to celebrate your plans after graduation! We will have our second annual Senior Decision Day on Thursday, April 30th in the theater at 7:45am. Share your college, tech school, military or workforce decision.
RSVP by Friday, April 17th via http://bit.ly/DecisionDay20 *You must RSVP to attend Decision Day festivities!*
Immediately following the ceremony, all seniors can enjoy Senior Breakfast in the Auxiliary Gym. There will also be local college reps, and a DJ!
CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS
Magic Moment will be on campus at a date TBD for cap and gown photos.
You may STILL sign up by emailing Ms. Chappell for an appointment time (last time slot is 4:50p), or you may walk in until 4:30p.
**You will NOT need your cap and gown for the photos.
Senior Week will be April 27 - May 1!
Monday, 4/27: Kindergarten Day- relive the good ol' days by wearing your cutest gear!
Tuesday, 4/28: Group/Character Day- wear your favorite character shirts or you and your crew dress alike!
Wednesday, 4/29: Senior Citizen Day
Thursday, 4/30: College and Career Ready Day- wear your college or military shirt or dress appropriate to your career of choice.
Thursday, 4/30: Senior Breakfast (immediately following Decision Day)
Friday, 5/1: Senior Shirt Day
Balfour Days at Lanier HS**A new date for cap and gown distribution is TBD. As soon as it is confirmed, it will be posted here and on all social media outlets. **Scholastic Images Inc/Balfour has your jacket, ring and graduation needs!Click on Balfour Days at Lanier for other Balfour Days on Campus!Contact them with questions using the phone number or email address listed below.The student center is open Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PMScholastic Images Inc./Balfour2955 Horizon Park Drive Suite DSuwanee, GA 30024770-614-9353
Senior DuesSenior dues cover the cost of the cap and gown, senior events, senior t-shirt, and all costs associated with the graduation ceremony.For 2019-20 school year, dues are $120, and all payments should be made at MyPaymentsPlus.com no later than Friday, May 15, 2020.*The senior dues amount is not altered except in the case of extenuating circumstances. Please make an appointment to speak with your counselor in this case.*Please contact Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org with questions.
Class of 2020 Senior Information FormThe Senior Information Form is used to order caps and gowns, senior t-shirts and to plan senior events.Caps and gowns have been ordered! If you did not fill out a senior information form and plan to participate in the Lanier ceremony, please see Ms. Biel in the Counseling Office ASAP.Any caps and gowns ordered after March 1st will incur a $20 late fee in addition to senior dues.
GRADUATION ATTIRE- for the graduates
DARK (black, navy, dark brown) shoes. We will also allow nude (not pink) shoes. If you choose to wear high heels, be sure to practice walking in them!
Dresses or top/skirt combo without excessively full skirts or high ruffled necklines; if you prefer, you may wear DARK pants
DARK (black, navy, dark brown) slacks, DARK shoes, DARK socks
Dress shirt (with a collar) and tie
Ladies and Gentlemen bring the following:
- Your cap and gown (ladies do NOT need the white collar that comes with it)
- Cords or medals you've earned (this includes Maxwell tassel
- Cords earned by service organizations such as Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts)
- School medallion (you will receive it at graduation)
****Special note: You are NOT to decorate your cap!****
NO STUDENT may wear denim, t-shirts, flip-flops or tennis shoes. Any student not appropriately dressed will not participate in the ceremony.