Please check this website on a regular basis for information regarding senior activities and graduation!
LHS Senior Class Information
Welcome, Senior Class!
Thanks Class of 2019
Thanks for a great year, Class of 2019!!!!!The faculty and staff of Lanier High School wish you all the best for a prosperous future!!
Honor Graduate Status/Graduation Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a tri-colored variegated cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.
Graduation Ceremony 2021
Dates for the graduation ceremonies in Gwinnett County are currently not available.
As details are defined, they will be communicated by the local school.
Exam Exemption Policy (Second Semester Only)
Seniors meeting the set criteria are eligible for exam exemption during Spring Semester. Students must have a 90.0 average in the class, or be an Honor Graduate, in order to exempt. Seniors will receive detailed exemption information at the beginning of May.
Community Service Logs due 3/11
Community service logs are due to Ms. Biel in the Counseling Office by Thursday, March 11th.
If you have 50 hours, you will receive the Community Service seal on your diploma.
If you have 100+ hours, you will receive the Community Service seal on your diploma AND a cord to wear at graduation.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Biel in the Counseling Office.
CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS
- Cap and Gown Portraits at Lanier High School will be taken on Tuesday, March 16th and Thursday, March 25th from 2:30-5pm in the media center at Lanier High.
- Magic Moment Photography will provide the white button down shirt for gentlemen, the gown, the cap and the tassel. If your senior would like to wear a tie, that is their own choosing and they must provide their own.
- In order to take a picture, you must have an appointment and pre-pay for your package. Seniors will be able to view and choose their portrait at the time of the sitting. Due to Covid, we are mailing these portraits straight to homes this year - no delivery through the school.
- When ordering your package, please make sure you double check your mailing address. Also, due to Covid restrictions, PLEASE only one guest per Senior. We may only have a certain number of guests in the room at a time.
- You can make your appointment using this link:
- Make sure you choose
Session: Cap and Gown for Seniors
School: Lanier Cap and Gown (Seniors Only)
- To pre-order your portraits, you may use this link:
You may also pay on the day of your session by using cash, check, Visa or Mastercard.
Contact Magic Moment Photography directly with questions!
Class of 2021 Senior Information FormThe Senior Information Form is used to order caps and gowns, senior t-shirts and to plan senior events.The cap and gown order has been placed and is currently being processed. Any senior that did not fill out the senior information form should contact Ms. Chappell directly at Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org.Any caps and gowns ordered after February 1st will incur a $20 late fee in addition to senior dues.
Senior dues for the 2020-21 school year have been adjusted to $75.
**If you paid junior dues last year, your senior dues have been credited.
***If you paid the full amount for senior dues, a refund will be issued through your method of payment.
Senior dues cover the cost of the cap and gown, senior t-shirt, senior events and all cost associated with the graduation ceremony.
Senior dues should be paid using MyPayments Plus.
Questions can be directed to Ms. Chappell at Tamaiko.Chappell@gcpsk12.org or (404) 941-6078.
Balfour Days at Lanier HS
Scholastic Images will be back at LANIER on Monday, January 11th during all lunches. Their team of representatives will be happy to assist students with: Senior Grad Packages (Seniors-flyer attached); Class Rings (Juniors & Seniors); and Letter Jacket(all eligible student-athletes) Orders.LANIER Senior Grad Packages--Order Online at www.scholasticimages.com-Choose LANIER and click submit-Click on the far right image Senior Grad Packages-Choose from Package A or B*these items will ship directly to your home from our Student Center in Suwanee*-Order During Lunch on JANUARY 11Below are several links that contain all the information to assist with ordering or gathering more information:Here is a short video to help with the ordering steps for your class ring: https://vimeo.com/449403821Here is a link to go help with designing and/or ordering your ring online: http://www.gabalfour.com/si-rings/Scholastic Images Inc./Balfour2955 Horizon Park Drive Suite DSuwanee, GA 30024770-614-9353
How to wear your regalia for the ceremony:
All seniors should wear the Lanier medallion in their photo (white ribbon, crest on the medal).
If you have an NHS or other stole, that should go on first, then cords, then medals.
GRADUATION ATTIRE- for the graduates
DARK (black, navy, dark brown) shoes. We will also allow nude (not pink) shoes. If you choose to wear high heels, be sure to practice walking in them!
Dresses or top/skirt combo without excessively full skirts or high ruffled necklines; if you prefer, you may wear DARK pants
DARK (black, navy, dark brown) slacks, DARK shoes, DARK socks
Dress shirt (with a collar) and tie
Ladies and Gentlemen bring the following:
- Your cap and gown (ladies do NOT need the white collar that comes with it)
- Cords or medals you've earned (this includes Maxwell tassel
- Cords earned by service organizations such as Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts)
- School medallion (you will receive it at graduation)
****Special note: You are NOT to decorate your cap!****
NO STUDENT may wear denim, t-shirts, flip-flops or tennis shoes. Any student not appropriately dressed will not participate in the ceremony.