Baggett Elementary Local School CouncilThe A+ Education Reform Act of 2000 established school councils in Georgia to “bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to achieve the following:
- solve difficult education problems
- improve academic achievement
- provide support for teachers and administrators
- bring parents into the school-based decision-making process
The 2004 General Assembly in HB 1190 provided flexibility in membership, chairmanship, meetings, elections, and trainings for school councils. The changes also provided clarity that school councils are to focus on student achievement and school improvement.
The 2007 General Assembly changed the composition of school councils, requiring that a majority of members be parents (or guardians) and that at least two parents be businesspersons. At a minimum, a School Council is composed of seven members, including the following:
- The Principal
- Two certificated teachers elected by the teachers
- Four parents (or guardians) elected by the parents (please list as “Parent”); two of the parents must be businesspersons
- The school council may, within its bylaws, increase the number of members, as long as the parents remain the majority.
Baggett Elementary School Council Members
Representatives serving in this capacity for the 2020-2021 school year are:
Mitch Green - Principal
Jody Holland - Music Teacher
Gretchen Huff - Media Specialist
Luz Rogel - Parent
Juanetta Smith - Parent
Daniela Osea - Parent
Julie Realbuto - Parent/Business Partner
Narada Peralta - Parent/Business Partner
Jessie Valdez - Business Partner/Chick-fil-A
April 13th: Meeting Minutes | Agenda
Dates of 2020-2021 Baggett Elementary School Council meetings are September 22, 2020, December 1, 2020, February 2, 2021, and April 13, 2021.