GCPS News: Bringing you updates, news, and happenings from across the school district
GCPS TV: Your source for news & information
Attendance is Important to your Academic Success!
Noche de Padres en Primavera
Become a mentor! ¡Conviértete en mentor!Make a difference in your community.Become a mentor!1 out of 3 young people in America are growing up without a mentor. By becoming a mentor, you have a chance to make a difference in the lives of Gwinnett County Students.With a mentor, mentees are:
How to become a mentor:
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 78% more likely to volunteer
- 130% more likely to hold a leadership position in a club or sports team
SPANISH VERSIONSe la diferencia en tu comunidad.¡Conviértete en mentor!Uno de cada tres jóvenes en Estados Unidos está creciendo sin un mentor. Conviértase en un mentor y haga la diferencia en la vida de los estudiantes de Gwinnett.Con un mentor, los estudiantes:
- Scan the QR code or go to gcpsk12.org to complete the online application
- Complete Interview
- Attend training and complete GCPS background check
- Make a one-year commitment to changing lives!
Cómo puede convertirse en un mentor:
- Las probabilidades de faltar a la escuela son menores de 52%
- Las probabilidades de que sean voluntarios en actividades en su comunidad aumenta a un 78%.
- Las probabilidades de que ocupen una posición de liderazgo en un club o equipo deportivo sube a un 130%
- Escanee el código QR o vaya a gcpsk12.org para completar la solicitud en línea.
- Asista a la entrevista.
- Asiste a la capacitación y completar la verificación de antecedentes de GCPS.
- ¡Haz un compromiso de un año para cambiar vidas!
PRHS PTSA needs you! Membership drive!
It’s not too late to join the PRHS PTSA!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!! We want to register 515 members.
Please register at MemberHub or our PTSA website.
We appreciate YOU and YOUR SUPPORT!
Interested in being a corporate sponsor? See this document for more information.
AP Capstone Program Applications
The AP Capstone program is accepting applications until Friday, January 7th, 2023 for rising juniors.
AP Capstone is a two-year diploma program from the College Board that provides students with an opportunity to engage in rigorous scholarly practice of the core academic skills necessary for successful college completion. Students take AP Seminar paired with AP U.S. History in their junior year, and then AP Research paired with AP Language & Composition in their senior year.
If you would like an application, please speak to your World History or 10th grade ELA teacher. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Petty (email@example.com)
Grand Opening of the Life Lab
Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Encourage your students to come by for assistance with creating goals, college and career planning, finding and applying for scholarships, application support, career seminars, and informative talks with Mr. Baker.
End Zone Tutoring
The End Zone offers after school study space and peer tutoring. You can learn more about the End Zone on the PRHS website.
Need tutoring? Use this link to sign up for tutoring in the End Zone.
Class Ring and Graduation Announcements Orders
Herff Jones will be on campus Tuesday, September 6 during all lunches for class ring order. Graduation invitation orders can be placed at https://www.3rdascent.com/
Parking Information 22-23
Eligible juniors and seniors had parking registration open up on MyPaymentsPlus on June 15. Students who have completed their parking application and bring a copy of their license and insurance card may select their parking space on the following date(s)/time(s): Seniors: July 19-21 from 8:00 am – 12:00 in the Commons Area. Juniors: July 20 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm, July 21 from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
For additional questions or information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Peachtree Ridge High School DOES NOT have an established agreement with any surrounding neighborhoods or churches for off-campus student parking.
Yearbook 2022 - 2023
Policy Change: All books, Senior Ads and accessories can be purchased at Balfour.com after July 19. The Balfour Store will close in March.
Order Quantity: Yearbook Quantity Orders are based off preorders. Few extras are ordered. 2022 Yearbooks sold out before underclass distribution. Order by February 1 to be guaranteed a copy or of 2023 book.
Yearbook Senior Information
Yearbooks ($90) and Senior Ads are sold on Balfour.com
Senior Ad Purchase and Build Deadline is November 30 (See attached handout for building specifics).
- Policy Change: Senior Ads can be purchased at Balfour.com. Parents are responsible for using the Ad Builder program to build and create their Senior Ad
- The Yearbook Staff will proof the ads and adjust fonts and colors to match the look and feel of the book.
- Incomplete ads will default to a 1/8 page ad with a senior portrait and generic message to the student.
- Refunds will not be given for Senior Ads for any reason.
- Size Options: Full page ($400), Half Page ($250), Quarter Page ($200), Eight Page ($100), NEW Option!! All Text Shout Out: 500 Characters, no Pictures ($30)