The mission of W.J. Cooper Elementary is to establish a positive, challenging, and safe environment where children learn and succeed while becoming responsible citizens and life-long learners.
- W.J. Cooper Elementary aims to be a world-class school.
- Teaching and learning are the chief priorities of our school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Learning needs are the primary focus of all decisions impacting the school.
- Students learn in different ways and are provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning and intellectual needs.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students are actively involved in higher order thinking, problem solving, and producing quality work.
- Technology is a critical strategy used to actively engage learners and to prepare students for the real world.
- Parental support and involvement in their child’s learning are essential to student success.
- All students can reach their learning potential.
- Our assessments provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their mastery of the Academic Knowledge and Skills.
- It is critical to gather data, and monitor progress and achievement of individual students to determine instructional needs.
- Respect for self and others is nurtured.
- Respect for diversity of cultures and beliefs is fostered.
- Faculty, staff, students, families, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- W.J. Cooper Elementary is committed to continuous improvement of our school.