- The Georgia Milestones Assessment System is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school.
- Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Students in grades 3 through 8 will take an end-of-grade assessment in some, if not all of, the content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies.
- Our entire school community has been working hard all year to equip students with the tools for success in their classes and to prepare them for a strong performance on the Georgia Milestones Assessment System End of Grade Assessment.
To ensure that our students are ready to perform at their best on this task, we offer a few testing reminders for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Students:
- Get a good night’s sleep before each testing day.
- Try to avoid late sports practices or games, late night TV, and late night electronics. When students are rested they are able to concentrate and do their best on the test.
- Eat a light, nutritious breakfast each morning before testing. Food is the fuel that powers the body and the brain. Fruits, carbohydrates (such as breads) and proteins (such as eggs) work best to give students testing energy.
- Be in school each day and on time.
- Schedule any doctor or dentist appointments in the late afternoon during the week of testing. Students will not be allowed to be checked out of school while testing is taking place. We cannot interrupt testing to call students for checkout during the testing sessions in either the morning or afternoon.
Georgia Milestones Resource Guides:
These Study/Resource Guides are intended to serve as informative materials for parents and students.
They contain practice questions and learning activities for each content area.
The standards identified in the Study/Resource Guides address a sampling of the state-mandated content standards.
Experience Georgia: Online Testing Training
The Experience Online Testing site has 3 areas:
Documentation: This section provides written directions for the Test Practice area.
Tutorial: A short video provides students with directions for getting into the practice test and how to use the tool buttons within the test.
Test Practice: This will take you to the actual Test Practice Application. It is highly recommended that users view the Tutorial video first.
Test Practice Directions:
1. Click on the white "Online Tools" words beneath the GREEN "End of Grade."
2. Click on the white words "EOG Test Practice" on the top left corner.
3. Click on Standard Online tools
4. Click on Grades 3-5
5. Sign in with the username and password they give you on the screen
6. Click the Continue button and work your way through the practice area.
Please view the Experience Online Testing site using Google Chrome as your browser. This application is not supported for use in Internet Explorer. This site is available daily from 7 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.
Extra Resources For Georgia Milestones PracticeThe sites and links below are not directly related to the Georgia Milestones Assessment System, but questions featured here are relatively similar to questions on the GMAS.While several of these items are hosted by non-commercial providers, others are links to free materials available at sites which may contain promotional content or links to other commercial sites. Inclusion of these sites is not an endorsement of any company or product, and we receive no compensation for listing these resources in our collection, which is offered solely as a suggestion of locations for free practice items for enriching academic skills and increasing familiarity with question styles.
National Center for Education Statistics
Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Sample Questions
Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Practice Test
USA Test Prep
Education Galaxy (see teacher for login and password)
IXL 3rd Grade ELA *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 4th Grade ELA *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 5th Grade ELA *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 3rd Grade Math *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 4th Grade Math *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 5th Grade Math *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 5th Grade Science *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day
IXL 5th Grade Social Studies *limited to 10 problems per computer, per day