Norton Local School Council
What is a Local School Council?
Norton Elementary School's Local School Council (LSC) is an advisory board, designated by GA House Bill 1187, that meets throughout the year to discuss and make recommendations for continuous school improvement and to build community awareness and interest in educational affairs. The committee is comprised of parent representatives, teacher representatives, local business members, and the principal.
Local School Council meetings are scheduled from 7:30-8:30 AM at Norton Elementary. The Local School Council meets a minimum of four times each year. Meeting dates are published below and on the GCPS Local School Council website.
- 9/19/2019 @ SGHS
- 11/15/2019 @ NES
- 2/7/2020 @ NES
- 3/26/2020 @ NES
2019-2020 Norton LSC
- Melanie Lee - Principal
- LaSayra Ferguson - Certified Teacher
- Caryn Saunders - Certified Teacher
- Keisha Lewis - Parent
- Kimberly McCluskey - Parent
- Ashley Answer - Parent & Business Person
- Dr. Richard Bumpers - Parent and Business Person
- John LaMattina - Business Partner
- Alexis Nimons - Administrative Assistant