About Rosebud

  • Important Documents:

  • Our Vision

    Rosebud Elementary School will become a world class school, as measured against national standards, where students are equipped with knowledge, skills, and innovation to be successful academically, civically, and behaviorally.

  • Our Mission

    Rosebud Elementary School, in partnership with the parents and the community, will provide rigorous and meaningful learning experiences to help students meet their learning goals and maximize their learning potential.

  • Academic Knowledge and Skills

    • The Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) were developed in response to the Gwinnett County Public Schools’ Mission Statement.
    • The AKS represent the Board of Education’s accepted standards for excellence in academic knowledge and skills in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies for students in Gwinnett Public Schools.
    • Curriculum and instruction is tailored for mastery of the AKS for all students.
    • Because the AKS are correlated to state required assessments, this will also ensure that GCPS students are well-prepared for these measurements of achievement.

    Click here for more information.

  • History of Rosebud Elementary

    Rosebud Elementary School was named for the former Rosebud School that was open from 1903 to 1938.

    Rosebud was first organized as a school in 1903 and was built on 1.5 acres donated by Henry Thomas, on property now known as 4198 Rosebud Road. However, a deed for the land was not given to the school, and on Mr. Thomas’ death in 1929, the land was sold to the county, which then put the school parcel on the auction block. Rosebud School Trustees O. Z. Cox, A. S. Cox, and R. W. Johnson were the highest bidders for the land, which was purchased for $125. The trustees received the deed on Dec. 2, 1929.

    Originally a one-room schoolhouse, Rosebud School added another room to accommodate growth. The school’s two teachers taught about 30 students in grades 1-7 and only during the months of January, February, March, July, and August. Rosebud School closed its doors in 1938 when the students transferred to what was then known as Grayson School.

    Over the years since then, the Rosebud community has experienced growth and renewal. Early in the 21st century, the Gwinnett County Board of Education saw the need for a new elementary school to accommodate the South Gwinnett Cluster’s growth. The current Rosebud Elementary School was built across the street from the original site, and it opened its doors in 2008 to over 1000 students, a vast difference from the 30 students enrolled in the 1930’s.

    Throughout decades, the Rosebud name has sustained a legacy of innovation and pride. In keeping with that tradition, Rosebud Elementary School is committed to providing a safe, collaborative environment to develop a community of responsible lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and interactive producers who engage in diverse, rigorous learning experiences. It serves as a beacon of community pride as it continues to partner with parents, businesses, and the community.

    The school’s motto "Anchored in Excellence" is reflective of Rosebud’s historical roots as well as its unrelenting commitment to success.

    Rosebud School 1903-1938