Parent Teacher Association
Dear Students, Parents, Teachers and Community Supporters:
On behalf of the Rosebud Elementary PTA, it is our pleasure to welcome you to our wonderful community. We want to welcome all of our new families and students. To our returning families, welcome back! We hope everyone had a fun and safe summer.
The mission of the PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. As we start this year, we want to emphasize to each of you that this is the focus of Rosebud Elementary PTA. The best way to make our school great is to join the PTA and volunteer. It has been proven that a child whose parents are involved in his/her education and school experience is a more successful student. There is no better way to get connected in the school than by joining the PTA. By doing so, you will meet other parents, gain a sense of community, share ideas, concerns and experiences. Your child(ren) can only stand to benefit from your involvement.
It has been said that the number one reason that people don’t join the PTA is because no one asked. That will not be an excuse for this PTA because we are asking! We want you, your family, friends and community members to join the Rosebud PTA. We encourage you get involved at whatever level you choose. You can attend a PTA meeting, volunteer in the classroom, join a PTA committee or help with an event. No amount of time is too small because it ALL makes a difference.
Why Join PTA?
PTA is the largest, non-profit volunteer organization in the United States totally dedicated to children. PTA supports and encourages parents to get involved in their children’s education. When you join PTA, you are supporting your local, state and national PTA’s ability to collectively influence the decisions that affect children in our school, our school district, within our state, and across the nation. When you join a school or local unit PTA, you automatically becomes a member of the National PTA and Georgia PTA. We strongly encourage you to become a member of the Rosebud Elementary School PTA.
What does becoming a PTA Member mean?
• Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
• Discover Great Resources: The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
• Tap into a Network: Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
• Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community.
• Speak Up: Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
• Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school’s success.
• Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.