2021-2022 Recommendation Requirements
The following criteria are considered for the 2021 Biology class selection for rising 8th graders:
- All A's and B's first semester
- At least an 90% in science first semester.
- Student is currently taking Accelerated 7th grade math or higher (due to the math requirements associated with taking Physics in 10th grade)
- Recommendation of acceleration from science teacher (as this course accelerates a student's science track one academic year).
- Timely work completion
A rubric is used to calculate a score for each eligible student. This rubric includes a scaled score for the following:
- 1st semester math grade
- 1st semester science grade
- COGAT Quantitative Score
- COGAT Verbal Score
- Reading ITBS NPR
Based on the rubric, a top tier of students are invited to take the course, and all remaining seats are to be determined by a lottery for the remaining students who meet the score criteria.
All information will be sent this year by invitation via email.