Brookwood Credit Recovery Boot Camp
2019 - 2020
Credit Recovery is a program for students who did not pass a class and earned a grade between the ranges of 60%-69%. Students can take a condensed version of the course to earn credit towards graduation. Successful credit recovery grades will appear on a student’s transcript but it will NOT replace the failed grade. Credit recovery allows students to earn credit and get back on track towards graduation.
Who is eligible? Students who have previously taken a course (for which CR is available) and scored a 60%-69% are eligible, however, 65%-69% is recommended. Please note that CR is offered at a standard, college preparatory class level. Resource, Co-Taught, Honors, Gifted, and Advanced Placement courses are not available. In addition, Accelerated Math courses are not available.
When is Credit Recovery Boot Camp offered? Brookwood CR Boot Camp will be held on the following Saturdays from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM. The specific meeting dates are:
- Saturday, August 24 – Registration opens August 7 and closes at 11:59 PM on August 21
- Saturday, October 19 – Registration opens October 2 and closes at 11:59 PM on October 16
- Saturday, January 11 – Registration opens on December 20 and closes at 11:59 on January 8
- Saturday, March 7 – Registration opens on February 19 and closes at 11:59 on March 4
Transportation to and from the Brookwood CR Boot Camp is NOT provided. Parents must make arrangements for transportation of students. Students may bring their own snack and drink for during the break; lunch will not be served.
How does the program work?
- Brookwood uses Georgia Virtual School’s online program for credit recovery. This is a self-paced class with embedded tests.
- Students MUST attend the REQUIRED CR Boot Camp to participate in the program. Following Boot Camp students will be provided the opportunity to roll over to the Guided Study CR program during the school day to finish the course.
- Students may only take ONE credit recovery class during the Boot Camp. It is recommended that math be the priority if more than one class is needed.
- NCAA does NOT recognize this credit recovery program for eligibility purposes.
- Special Education and 504 accommodations are NOT supported by the credit recovery program.
What is the cost for the Credit Recovery Boot Camp?
- $40 payable on mypaymentsplus.com(non-refundable)
- This fee will be used to pay teachers to run the credit recovery session during our Boot Camp.
What courses are offered during the Credit Recovery Boot Camp?
Freshman Language Arts
Sophomore World Literature
Junior American Literature
Senior British Literature
Anatomy & Physiology
How do I sign my child up for Credit Recovery Boot Camp?
- To sign up for Credit Recovery, log into your mypaymentsplus.com account and click on “Community School ” then “Brookwood Community School.” During the sign up process on mypaymentsplus.com, select the course (including the semester) you want your student to take through CR. Please ensure you input a valid email address. When you are finished, mypaymentsplus.com will walk you through the process of paying for the course(s).
- Registration will close at 11:59 PM on the Wednesday prior to the Boot Camp. You will receive a confirmation email from Brookwood High School prior to the start of Boot Camp.
Direct any questions to your student’s assigned counselor via email or by calling 678-344-2603.