Benefield Elementary School
Principal: Shonda L Stevens
1221 Old Norcross Rd,Lawrenceville, GA, 30046
The following school highlights showcase how Benefield Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Benefield served as a Pilot Pre-Kindergarten site. The program consisted of 2 classes where 32 Pre-Kindergarten students were provided high-quality early learning curriculum and strategies to prepare for Kindergarten.
- Benefield hosted various academic and family events virtually and in person. Events included but were not limited to International Night, GMAS Parent Night, and Math & Literacy Nights to name a few.
- Benefield Robotics Team was the Robot Design category winner at the GCPS Robotics Regional Competition.
- Benefield recognized students for academics, behavior, and leadership through several programs, including PBIS incentives, Titans of the Week & Month recognition, and the National Elementary Honor Society.
- Forty-three students at Benefield qualified for gifted services.
- Twenty-nine multilingual learners acquired English language proficiency and exited ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) services.
- Over 2,400 free books were given out to Benefield students to help build their home libraries.
- Benefield was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Installing status for implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS).
- Benefield raised $500 in Book Mobile sponsorships and was featured on the BookMobile 5K t-shirt.
- Benefield is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.