Mountain Park Elementary School
Principal: Brian Walker
1500 Pounds Road, Lilburn, GA 30047
The following school highlights showcase how Mountain Park Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Mountain Park ES was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Emerging status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibited appropriate school conduct.
- All students at Mountain Park ES get the opportunity to take a Computer Science special. In these classes they learn the building blocks of how computers work, laying the foundation for further coursework that they will be able to take in middle school.
- Mountain Park ES offers students the opportunity to engage in a variety of extracurricular activities, including sewing club, chorus, running club, sculpture club, keyboarding club, ukulele club, reader's rally, robotics club, kindness club, and student council.
- The Mountain Park ES Reader's Rally team participated in the GCPS Competition. Our 4th-5th graders won their division, advancing to the quarterfinals, and had the second-highest score out of 49 teams.
- The Mountain Park ES Cougarbot Jr. Team attended the Lego Robotics Festival. Our K-1 team won the Enthusiastic Problem Solvers Award, and the 2-3 Team won the Innovation Award.
- Our 4th Grade Writer's Cafe was a big success. Partnering with their parents, students took charge and led the conversation about writing expectations for 4th graders. They talked through their rubrics and resources and discussed how they use them to improve their writing to prepare for the Milestones Assessment.
- The Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program continued at Mountain Park this year. Watch D.O.G.S. is one of the nation’s largest school-based, family, and community engagement organizations that support education and safety. We had 70 fathers and father figures spend a day at school engaging in teaching and learning. Our students loved having these male role models attend school with them.
- The GCPS Book Mobile made its way to Mountain Park this year. Every student received a free book, compliments of the Mountain Park ES Media Center.
- Being one of the most diverse elementary schools in the nation, Mountain Park ES held its 4th Annual International Night. We celebrated the diversity and various nationalities of our students. With close to 20 nations represented, families showcased native food, attire, music, and games.
- Mountain Park ES participated in the Book Blast fundraising campaign to help build our students' home libraries with popular, new books. Students raised close to $17,000. 100% of all contributions went toward new books and classroom supplies.